notime

Black Sea Bass

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, bassturds said:

Any advice for  sea bass on the kayak? I love sea bass fishing but rarely get out on the boat for them

Same idea. Find some structure and drop a jig with or without soft plastic. Bounce it on the bottom. Always has worked well for me.

7 mins ago, cj7fisherman said:

Same idea. Find some structure and drop a jig with or without soft plastic. Bounce it on the bottom. Always has worked well for me.

I’d agree.    They are very kayak friendly as you don’t have to paddle too far and anchoring is not needed.    

3 hours ago, bassturds said:

Awesome! I plan on taking my yak to buzzards bay near jetties and rock piles 

Otw did a episode on it. It's a nice easy spot they did but it has been blown out of the water with kayak pressure. At least 60 kayaks there Saturday. But it would be your best bet.

3 hours ago, bassturds said:

Awesome! I plan on taking my yak to buzzards bay near jetties and rock piles 

Where are you coming from?

On 5/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, The Riddler said:

I saw the mass of boats over at Cleveland but the chop looked bad. Megansett had a good bite for a couple of hours. Concentrated then they kinda moved and came back on the outgoing. The SW should bump the water temps up making all areas better.

I went this morning and got my limit but  had to put my time in.   Definitely had to work harder than I thought I would.  Choppy conditions but fishable.   I’m looking forward to my first calm day on the water.   Caught a nice fluke as a bonus and a few large sea robins.    Also saw an unmolested school of bunker.    

I limited out in 45 min...once I found them...then C&R 15 more like this jumbo, in  just over an hour. I probably spent most of that time moving the boat back for the optimal drift.

KIMG0836.JPG

Buzzards Bay was solid, we had to leave by 11am due to wind and chop, but two anglers already had limits, and after three each, we were returning anything under 18". Biggest bluehead was 21", we also gathered 3 tog (returning an apparently egg-laden female) and scup to 16" before fleeing.