Thumb-Burner

Help me find a 10' lightweight conventional surf rod... under 150 bucks

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

There are few 10ft Carp rods on Bigcarptackle but they are 3.00lbs rated and all seem to have thin heat shrink handles and big spinning guides but NGT Floatmaster 12' 3pc $24.95 seems to have small guides and normal diameter foam handles but it is longer you are looking :( I have one 12ft rod what belongs to Float/Match fishing group and I have cast 400...600gr fly lines and it is very nice. Long rod is easy to cut tip shorter and then cast heavier loads.

Fox Warrior S are discounted and they have cork handles. 10' 3.00TC $79.95 and 12' 2.75TC $87.96. I have cast 700...900gr fly lines with 2.75lb Carp rods so 2oz lure should be fine? UK fishing forums have more info how lb-rating match to cast weight.

One more very cheap is NGT Dynamic Travel 11' 2.75lb which is four piece for about $30 and I think in USA it is available thru Amazon. It is good with 700...900gr fly lines as well but I have cast 1200gr line to test that it does not break and when it didn't so I bought four more.

Esa

Edited by crunch

Try to find an old Daiwa SealineX ten footer, The one with the blue thread in the wraps. Light as a feather and will throw 3/4 to 3 1/2 like it was it's job. If you were closer, I'd hand you one of my elevens. Best $70 rod ever built

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

Try to find an old Daiwa SealineX ten footer, The one with the blue thread in the wraps. Light as a feather and will throw 3/4 to 3 1/2 like it was it's job. If you were closer, I'd hand you one of my elevens. Best $70 rod ever built

I have one of these older Sealine X 11 foot conventionals that I picked up BRAND NEW right here on the BST many years ago. Stewies right, this rod is an incredible performer at a great value, but they are not easy to come by anymore. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

I have two of these and concur.  The spinner has been re-wrapped with low riders properly, so it is universal.

Rated 3-6oz

Picked mine up for less than $60 each back when.

Edited by drumbum

I have a older  Shimano tiralejo rated 1-3 10’ medium power fast action. TRC100M2  this is a sweet rod if you can find it buy it . I use it for plugging. It has handled 15lb bluefish, doubled over with no problems.

14 hours ago, Stewie said:

IMG_20190518_164036.jpg

IMG_20190518_163952.jpg

IMG_20190518_164100.jpg