Sandflee

WTF is Wrong With People

Rate this topic

118 posts in this topic

The last time anyone saw Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, she was nine months pregnant.

The petite 19-year-old left her alternative high school on the lower west side of Chicago at around 3 p.m. on April 23, driving away in her black Honda Civic. Later that day, her family got a call saying that she hadn’t shown up to pick her 3-year-old son from day care. She had sent a text message to her husband saying that she was too tired to drive anymore, then vanished.

For nearly a month, as her due date came and went, her family desperately pleaded for her return, fearing that she had been kidnapped or worse. Her mother, Raquel Uriostegui, tearfully told reporters that Ochoa-Lopez’s toddler was refusing to eat, and that they had to take down all their family photos because he kept asking for her.

“She can’t just have disappeared in thin air,” Uriostegui said through an interpreter earlier this month. “She is a very responsible lady. She is not a person who just disappears and leaves home. I cannot believe that she would just leave, pregnant, and abandon her other son. There’s something wrong here, something bad.”

Any hopes that the teenager might still be alive were dashed on Wednesday, when officials confirmed that human remains discovered at a home on the southwest side of Chicago belonged to Ochoa-Lopez, and that her baby had been ripped from her womb.

Ochoa-Lopez was also known by the name Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui. She died of ligature strangulation, which typically involves the use of a cord or rope, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said, and her death was ruled a homicide. Anthony Guglielmi, the chief spokesman for the Chicago Police Department, told The Washington Post that her baby had been cut from her womb after she was killed.

20 hours ago, Belmo said:

Does anyone else remember Leon Klinghoffer? Because this story reminded me of him, and what might be my favorite joke of all time:

What does PLO stand for?
Push Leon Overboard!

I forgot about his one. Thank you, now go **** yourself. 

1 hour ago, chessie_yaker said:

If right after she pushed that man you dropped her and just detained her I think the fact that it’s all on camera and she could have hurt others... there would be a leg to stand on

I’d rather do the right thing and deal with the consequences of doing the right thing rather than just stand there, because that’s a byproduct of all of this enabling. They won by separating us by color, then they place them on a pedestal as if they can’t be touched, then they make them invincible? Na, evil thrives when good men do nothing. Lock me up for doing the right thing and I’m sure it will all work out in the end. 

I wouldn’t worry about it. Remember, most people are not leaders but will jump in to help if someone takes the lead. 

It’s like the time on the subway and some thugs were giving a woman a hard time and I get on and tell the dudes to stand down or else, only then did others get involved. Two black guys busting on a white 22 year old girl and no one is defending her. 

3 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. Remember, most people are not leaders but will jump in to help if someone takes the lead. 

It’s like the time on the subway and some thugs were giving a woman a hard time and I get on and tell the dudes to stand down or else, only then did others get involved. Two black guys busting on a white 22 year old girl and no one is defending her. 

Do you carry?  Or are you a rambo/terri tough guy?  Busting isn't worth getting killed over, assaulting is something else......keeping in mind she might not have even wanted you to get involved.

I'm putting myself on that bus next to cadeesha and thinking about what I'd do.....I think I'd have enough restraint not to hit her but I'd make the bus driver stay in place and hold her until the cops arrived.  Be a stand up guy....with what she did on video you'd get a key to the city.  Remember who this country voted for a couple of years ago and stop pretending the loudmouth scumbags outnumber decent folks.

53 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

There are guys in the pg that think it’s not a big deal. 

It's sad isn't it? I didn't know there was a thread here.

I would love to see some of the people on the bus get interviewed. I would put money on it that she said the word "white" followed by derogatory terms a few times.

And imagine if you lay her out (which she deserved)?  You'd probably get into more legal trouble than she will, especially if you're white.

18 mins ago, HopHead said:

Do you carry?  Or are you a rambo/terri tough guy?  Busting isn't worth getting killed over, assaulting is something else......keeping in mind she might not have even wanted you to get involved.

I threw the two guys out of the car at the next stop and one of the guys pulled a big knife. I stepped back in the car and the conductor, who saw what was going on closed the doors immediately. The girl thanked me profusely. She had accidentally stepped on one of the guys new sneakers and left a mark. 

You can can tell if someone needs help or it’s just a bad situation between people who know each other. 

And no, I do not carry. I know how to take care of myself and I’m 6’ and in very good shape, at the time. Now I have a brown belt in MMA. I don’t back down, so far it’s worked out OK.

57 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

I threw the two guys out of the car at the next stop and one of the guys pulled a big knife. I stepped back in the car and the conductor, who saw what was going on closed the doors immediately. The girl thanked me profusely. She had accidentally stepped on one of the guys new sneakers and left a mark. 

You can can tell if someone needs help or it’s just a bad situation between people who know each other. 

And no, I do not carry. I know how to take care of myself and I’m 6’ and in very good shape, at the time. Now I have a brown belt in MMA. I don’t back down, so far it’s worked out OK.

untitled.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Wayne Tj said:

yeah well not everyone holds a brown belt in MMA, did you arm bar either guy?

lol joking aside good for you standing up for the young lady, take into consideration the one questioning your action. Maybe she didn't want help is a lame excuse

Edited by Sandflee

1 hour ago, Wayne Tj said:

Atta boy Topper!