Schnapps 812

So this is how my morning started....

Rate this topic

90 posts in this topic

I've been seeing a bunny lately in my yard looking like she was starting to nest. Then I stopped seeing her thinking she found a better spot. I saw her again a few times over the weekend and again last night. This morning I checked and found she did have bunnies and all 4 of them were dead with 2 of them headless. This made me exteremly sad. The poor babies didn't have a chance.

Pete said it was probably a cat & I can see that happening. My dopey sister said there was probably something wrong with them and the momma did it. I can't see the mom killing all of them and taking the heads off two of them.

Any thoughts?

bunnies 1.jpg

bunnies.jpg

I have never seen a weasel in the wild.  

As far as a hawk, those things can carry away 10 or more pounds. Wouldn't it have just flew away with it?

Cat or a yote would be my guess. Either will be coming back later to finish their meal. You should post up with a 22wmr and return the favor

There are fox in my neighborhood but don't you think it would've eaten the whole bunny & all 4 of them, not just the head? They were really small bunnies (not even a week old).

Nature can be cruel but for each one of those, there's a hundred or more others which will make it.

At least your maters will look good in August. :shrug: