squammer

Daiwa J Braid 8x Grand -- Which Color?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I am getting some new braid for my Shimano Stradic 5000XG reel. I will use this line to cast small softbaits and 1/2oz bucktails into back bays off my boat and dock with a 7' medium inshore rod. I have been using 20lb FireLine and think I am ready to graduate to braid now that I have learned how to control wind knots better. I hear J Braid Grand is a nice soft and smooth braid to use. 

However -- which color should I get? I see a light blue and dark green which I am deciding between. Does it even matter? I will mostly fish at dusk and at night with some daytime action here and there. I am in MA and the water is pretty green so I was thinking green might be best...

Thanks.

I always go with white or yellow, something very visible, on setups I'm going to be jigging with at night

Being able to see your line makes it much easier to control,

Plus when fish are looking up the lighter color blends into the light from above whereas dark colors would be silhouetted.

I just spooled a Penn Battle 4000 with 20lb J Braid Grand and I’ve never had a line that wind knotted as much as this line. Not sure if I just got unlucky but when I was throwing 3/8th oz jigs with it the line would lay poorly on the reel