bassmaster

Century 1265 opinions

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Reed422 said:

I believe that all new sling shots are graphene.

There you go op.... graphene and boron are the go to material in fishing rod today.....

Been fishing a 1265 for the past 7 years. The absolute best!!! Probably my most fished surf rod for any kind of artificial. It also can handle a 2oz  weight and small bait. 

19 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Get a century stealth graphene or century surf machine graphene.... old ss and s are rods of the past.... they are the Bugatti of surf rods... last rod you will ever own

I'd hate to think of the status of my 120-1M, and the 1208, and the 1322 .... now everyone will know I'm not one of the cool kids. I'm so embarrassed. 

30 mins ago, BrianBM said:

I'd hate to think of the status of my 120-1M, and the 1208, and the 1322 .... now everyone will know I'm not one of the cool kids. I'm so embarrassed. 

I have all those rods, i want to convert my 1322 to spinning but lota werk to strip and its perty 

54 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Lol.... dont be so superficial!

5 hours ago, Tagman said:

Been fishing a 1265 for the past 7 years. The absolute best!!! Probably my most fished surf rod for any kind of artificial. It also can handle a 2oz  weight and small bait. 

I actually shark with the rod 4-5 oz and a chunk. 

A little loss in distance due to being over the rods weight abilities but man lots of fun when u hook up.

16 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I used mine today,very nice rod.

I think 3 ounces is its sweet spot,conventional with abu 6500

20190515_170907.jpg

20190515_114252.jpg

R.R. with all due respect, what's that small pearl pencil popper you have there?  Looks to be a small missile !

Thanks.........

3 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

R.R. with all due respect, what's that small pearl pencil popper you have there?  Looks to be a small missile !

Thanks.........

That be a jigman,:th:

16 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

That be a jigman,:th:

got to get me some.........................where?

5 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

I actually shark with the rod 4-5 oz and a chunk. 

A little loss in distance due to being over the rods weight abilities but man lots of fun when u hook up.

Wow! I’m impressed! 

You are right though. The Century Slingshots series are the only rods that I own that can throw far beyond there highest rating. When I first bought my first Slingshot, Ryan told me the rod can throw its highest 

weight rating PLUS bait. He was not lying. 

10 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Lol.... dont be so superficial!

I was casting today with a pre-graphene SS 1327, testing the swimming properties of various plugs that I have tweaked. Tweaking plugs is one of those small fishing-craft skills, like tying flies, that can take on a life of its' own, isn't it? The current graphene might well buy a couple of feet, or even yards, more distance (assuming a nicely aerodynamic tin). The older version is still a delight to use, even down at one ounce.