bassmaster

Century 1265 opinions

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi, im lookin at the 1265 10 1/2

Is any one using one ?

I would like to know how light it is and what reel you mate to it and casting say bombers, sp minnows  needles ect.

Size reel and  how the rod is

Thanks

Allso other rod options if any

Edited by bassmaster

Get a century stealth graphene or century surf machine graphene.... old ss and s are rods of the past.... they are the Bugatti of surf rods... last rod you will ever own

Edited by Fishy4335

I have the 1265 and I cant say enough good things about it. The rod does all of the work for you on your casts. The less effort in your casts and the further the plug will go. I currently have a vs150 on it and its balanced nicely.

Pencil popping is effortless. The rod gives plenty of feedback with smaller swimming plugs but it can certainly dig in danny or subsurface plug.

Ive fought fish up to mid 30s on this rod in good current and its a fast action rod but the back bone has enough give to absorb the heavy runs when the bass sweeps its big broom tail.

Awesome rods, had mine with a VS200, natch made in heaven, and wish I never sold it...... bummer.... If you're looking for other options, you can't go wrong with a GSB, also I had a Star Paraflex that was a phenomenal rod for the money..... only downside was it was a 2 piece which may not be your thing.... 

Edited by 9wait

42 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I have the 1265 and I cant say enough good things about it. The rod does all of the work for you on your casts. The less effort in your casts and the further the plug will go. I currently have a vs150 on it and its balanced nicely.

Pencil popping is effortless. The rod gives plenty of feedback with smaller swimming plugs but it can certainly dig in danny or subsurface plug.

Ive fought fish up to mid 30s on this rod in good current and its a fast action rod but the back bone has enough give to absorb the heavy runs when the bass sweeps its big broom tail.

Thank you, how far dies it throw, 

1 hour ago, Fishy4335 said:

Get a century stealth graphene or century surf machine graphene.... old ss and s are rods of the past.... they are the Bugatti of surf rods... last rod you will ever own

Any one else  feel  this way

What model would compare to the one im looking at?

How does it cast? 

I have the 1265 and am impressed with the range that it throws.  I have an Ultegra Ci4 5500 matched and it launches tins and Super Strike plugs to China.  It's also light enough to jig bucktails back to your feet in the wash.  Super, super rod for surfcasting duties on the beach.

This all being said.............i heard the Century Surf Machine is another level above this.  I'm keeping a close eye on it :th:

21 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Thank you, how far dies it throw, 

on a calm night and 2 oz i can hit 100-110yds effortlessly.

Gave it to my buddy up at the canal because he broke his rod. and he was hitting mid canal on every cast with an IRT 4k or 5k on it.

10 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

I have the 1265 and am impressed with the range that it throws.  I have an Ultegra Ci4 5500 matched and it launches tins and Super Strike plugs to China.  It's also light enough to jig bucktails back to your feet in the wash.  Super, super rod for surfcasting duties on the beach.

This all being said.............i heard the Century Surf Machine is another level above this.  I'm keeping a close eye on it :th:

Do you have the surf  machine  model number or weight range?

I have a 1505 so it’s a bit longer but I can’t say enough about these rods. Takes very little effort to cast at max distance.  Very light just great rods 

Contact Ryan White and he will a give you all of the details on the surf machine! Ofcourse if you go grapehene you will pay a pretty penny but the rod can handle an elephant attack

29 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

Contact Ryan White and he will a give you all of the details on the surf machine! Ofcourse if you go grapehene you will pay a pretty penny but the rod can handle an elephant attack

I believe that all new sling shots are graphene.

3 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Do you have the surf  machine  model number or weight range?

looking at the 10' 3/4 - 4 oz. model...........have not even touched one yet............