clammer

I thought ><><><

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I had my largest schoolie of the season tonight .then he spread his WINGS  . 1st sea robin ……./then I a saw a couple of fish break a little way off ……. I cast there and Sea Robins   followed it in ><><> 

I wouldnt mind catching a few large ones for the table.  I have heard they are good to eat but the ones i have gotten seemed to small for the effort/reward.

59 mins ago, Kooky said:

I wouldnt mind catching a few large ones for the table.  I have heard they are good to eat but the ones i have gotten seemed to small for the effort/reward.

There are at least two different types around our waters. The big orange ones and the little brown ones. Both are good to eat, but obviously, you get more meat out of the bigger ones.

2 hours ago, MakoMike said:

There are at least two different types around our waters. The big orange ones and the little brown ones. Both are good to eat, but obviously, you get more meat out of the bigger ones.

I always figured it was just variation in the species

17 mins ago, fishfinder401 said:

I always figured it was just variation in the species

Nope, they are two different species.

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Didn't know there were two species... Wow. Learn something new..

Yeah, those big orange ones are beasts. 

In other searobin news.. I've actually seen them jump before. Attacking a plug meant for blues on the SouthSide of the Cape in May. Jumped like a normal fish (and not like a flying fish/glider.. which strangely, I almost expected)

17 mins ago, quack said:

Wtf!!! Searobin discussion!!

Rhode Island has a "world renowned" sea robin fishery. Such discussions are to be expected

:).

9 mins ago, rst3 said:

Rhode Island has a "world renowned" sea robin fishery. Such discussions are to be expected

:).

People better not start talking bad about our precious sea robin's, they are a national treasure!

last year on aflat calm day while coming in from out front .we saw fish on top off Allens harbor …………….it was a school of sea Robins driving bait ><>