adoboboy

Will the NY Knickerbockers get the #1 pick tonight?! or they're better off with Ja Morant or RJ Barrett

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well, tonight is the draft that may change the basketball landscape in New York, so what do you all think will happen? I know what a freak Zion is, but I'm not entirely sure if he will be the best player from this draft. I understand that NY will make him a billion dollars, but he mostly plays as a post player. He is what, 6'7 and with all the big men in the NBA, I am not entirely convinced he will be able to dominate. I understand he as popular as hell and I would be ecstatic he gets to the Knicks, but I have my reservations. Last thing, it's a bit interesting that the Knicks got the #1 pick on the first ever lottery draft and tonight is the fist ever lottery that gives 3 teams 14%, maybe its a good omen, or maybe they get the #5 pick, or maybe the NBA has a way to actually rig the ping pong balls like they do for Cleveland. Anyway, best of luck to the Knicks, they deserve the #1 pick after sucking/tanking last year.

Edited by adoboboy

Don’t get excited over this Dolans will find a way to screw this up . FYI Zion will take more than this .org to mold him into a NBA player / contender . It will be a great marketing piece for NY . But not the guy guys will come around and buy into . How the Knickerbockers got the pick = it’s entertainment business all will benefit from putting the glass slippers on Broadway 

It'll be interesting to see how the new rules of the draft play out.   The Celtics have a complicated chance for tonight's events.    

My prediction is this: they trade the 3rd pick to the Pelicans for... Anthony Davis. They give up 2019 #3, 2020 first rounder, Frankie cant play and whoever else they want. 

Zion was not a happy camper. He was praying for Knicks or Lakers. He will play out his rookie deal and ask for a trade. 

If the Knicks choose Barrett I think it’s a better pick for the team . Let the Pelicans deal with all this hype of # 1 we had enough drama with Melo for too long  

No comparison between Zion and Melo.  Zion has the highest player efficiency rating in NCAA history (significantly better than Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins who both lead the NCAA in their college years), was by all accounts a well-liked teammate and positive locker room presence.  Melo was a ball hog and lousy teammate.  Knicks will undoubtedly bungle this draft and free agent signings as they have for the past 30 years.

42 mins ago, nofomofo said:

No comparison between Zion and Melo.  Zion has the highest player efficiency rating in NCAA history (significantly better than Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins who both lead the NCAA in their college years), was by all accounts a well-liked teammate and positive locker room presence.  Melo was a ball hog and lousy teammate.  Knicks will undoubtedly bungle this draft and free agent signings as they have for the past 30 years.

I’m going to hold you to that 

about Zion I don’t think he will score more points than Melo 

Melo was not required to play defense just knew how to break team defense to score there is a big difference 

27 mins ago, fishless said:

Its a conspiracy.  Knicks owner pisses everyone off.  The balls were rigged to ensure he doesn't get the #1 pick.

Right on that ! Lol