9wait

Help me pick a reel for a Lami xs101ms rod...

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Like the title states, I'm looking for a reel for a Lami xs101ms I just picked up.... absolutely love the rod and it will be used for bucktails, plugs, tins etc......You guys haven't steered me in the wrong direction yet!  I am open to any and all options.... I was thinking maybe another VS200, 704/706z, or something similar but just as durable in the salt...... Just curious as to what you guys are running on a the same rod (or GSB blank) for a similar purpose....... Let's see what we come up with! Thanks guys!

Edited by 9wait

5 mins ago, Wolfdog said:

I run the same rod with a 250 and I love it. 

Hmmmm, How does it balance out? I wouldn't rule out a 250 either.... so that's another option....

8 mins ago, Wolfdog said:

Balances out perfectly, I’ve ran the 706 on that rod as well and it’s a good fit. 

Yeah man, I'm actually leaning towards a 704/706z for it......... Just something cool about them... durable and timeless

1 hour ago, Wolfdog said:

Balances out perfectly, I’ve ran the 706 on that rod as well and it’s a good fit. 

Me too

Takin_A_BreakAtCaswells.jpg.598cd3beb977ab623bf1f6576b545dce.jpg

27 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Me too

Takin_A_BreakAtCaswells.jpg.598cd3beb977ab623bf1f6576b545dce.jpg

Awesome Sudsy! I think I'm going to look for a nice 706z to throw on it... In all honesty, I don't really need the VS200 I have, and think the Z will fit the bill nicely for what I want out of it....... 

2 hours ago, 9wait said:

Awesome Sudsy! I think I'm going to look for a nice 706z to throw on it... In all honesty, I don't really need the VS200 I have, and think the Z will fit the bill nicely for what I want out of it....... 

You skishing ??

If not then it's fine

I have a VR150 on my xs101ms with 30lb Power Pro.  I really like the combo for Bucktails and  tins.

I had a Penn 704z bailess on it awhile ago, nice combo too, a little heavy (for me anyways), not the greatest with braid compared to the reels that are available now.

E52D4DE4-0AE4-4D9A-B86A-54DD451E8A57.jpeg