Striper46

Power meter??

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone use a power meter between their battery and trolling motor(think that's how it works, or do they just hook up to your battery/s)? Just looking to see when I'm low on power and how much i'm drawing while i'm on the water. Is there any water proof options? thx!

I do, a must have . ~$10 on amzn, look for "rc power meter"

Depending on how you hook it up, it reports on amt of power consumed from the battery or amt of charge that goes INTO battery.

When battery is good, both amts will match very closely

Using the XT60 connectors, you can plug it in to report either way, or take it out when not needed

Edited by r111

28 mins ago, r111 said:

I do, a must have . ~$10 on amzn, look for "rc power meter"

Depending on how you hook it up, it reports on amt of power consumed from the battery or amt of charge that goes INTO battery.

When battery is good, both amts will match very closely

Using the XT60 connectors, you can plug it in to report either way, or take it out when not needed

thx for the reply...I didn't see anything for $10 or anything that says rc power meter, these are the top 2 results, is it one of these? Neither one seems water proof. how would i hook it up to monitor consumption from the battery, in the power to motor line or straight to the battery?

Capture.PNG

Either way is fine, as long as it is in-line. Reverse it when connecting the battery to the charger.

Ebay has these for around $11 . You dont want these exposed to the elements, but have it where you could easily observe it, if you wanted to see how much power is consumed/left

20 hours ago, r111 said:

Either way is fine, as long as it is in-line. Reverse it when connecting the battery to the charger.

Ebay has these for around $11 . You dont want these exposed to the elements, but have it where you could easily observe it, if you wanted to see how much power is consumed/left

ok thx! I ordered this one from fleabay. Ill put it in the line in a small clear waterproof box.

Capture.PNG