captkenroy

Need peep sight (prefer Ghost Ring for grooved receiver 22.

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I just bought a Rossi .22 auto.  I love the rifle but hate the sights.  I learned to use "Quick Point" back in 1964 at Ft. Polk, LA and still use it.  For close shooting, I do not need a sight at all but for really precise shooting, I'd like a tiny "Ghost Ring" sight that doesn't obscure my sight down the barrel.  I've removed both front and rear sights on this little rifle and have no problem what so ever rolling cans all over my back yard or hitting thrown bottles and cans.  Factory sights on this little rifle totally suck but it is so sweet to carry and shoot. At 4 pounds on the nose, it feels like a toy.  After close to 2000 rounds I still haven't had a miss-fire or feed problem.  BTW, the little Peep sight on the new Thompson/Center 10/22 clone has a great little peep but the gun is $350, and is bulky and unwieldy like the 10/22.  For $99 this is one great little gun.

Anybody know of a peep sight that will work on a grooved receiver.  The lady I talked to at Rossi didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, captkenroy said:

I just bought a Rossi .22 auto.  I love the rifle but hate the sights...

Anybody know of a peep sight that will work on a grooved receiver.  The lady I talked to at Rossi didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

You don't mention which model.  SA or Lever style?  Is the receiver tapped for a scope (so you can borrow the mount holes)?  You have options...