GarryNYC

What reel will you advise?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello everyone!

I have such a spinning from Major Craft and I want to choose a reel on it.(10-30g.= 3/8-1 1/16oz)

I broke my brain by choosing a reel... "Maybe buy Penn Clash 3000? For this reel there are always parts.

Or buy used Twin Power 3000 08,but there are no spare parts for it..." (I do not choose only between these two, it is an example of my thoughts)).

I'm looking for a size of 3000-4000. My maximum price is 200$. What can you advise?

15577935292451837737804030437582.jpg

Edited by GarryNYC

Daiwa Saltist Back Bay 3000 right around 190-200.  Lots of videos on it.  Might be one of the best sub $200 reels.  If you can find a Penn Slammer III under $200 then check those out too.  Best of luck.  

I like the stratic 4000 ci4. Just over 8oz so it is a light reel but have never felt like I was under gunned with fish to 15lb.  I think the 4000 is 220$ but the 3k..

thats what i wanna say

Ci4+ stradic as well .. or just get the Stella cos no matter which reel u choose, u will always end up buying Stella at the end..

I just got 4 reels for $35 each. Shimano Sedona 3000 and Catalina 4000 came for free - it’s freshwater but a nice enough reel so what the hell...$69 for the two. Use them hard and get a new one, my new motto. I’ve had my 4000 Sedona 4 years, used in the salt and more often on my kayak. It just died. Instead of trying to fix it, well read the first sentence.

my $00.002.

FWIW I have several VS and Spheros and had Spinfisher (which I hated.) the Sedona is as good as it gets in its price range and often you can get exceptional deals.

Stradic FK 3k would get my vote and it fits in your price range. I'd keep an eye out as they may go on sale in the near future with the rumors of the new stradic being released next year.

I've read reviews where most consider this rod to be a Long Cast design that delivers.  Why not match it to a light weight long cast reel? I personally would go for the Shimano Ultegra CI4+ 5500XTC, but with a budget of $200.00, you might want to look at the Penn Conflict II Long Cast in the 4000 size.

14 mins ago, GarryNYC said:

What do you think of the 13 Biomaster SW 4000HG?

highly recommend other than the fact that its jdm, my friend has one and its a tank, out of your price range I beleive