GoneCoastal

ODM Genesis 104

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Anyone know the handle length on the factory 10 foot genesis ? Transporting my 10 foot 1 piece rods around is getting a little old. Looking for the butt cap to center of reel seat please. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lou T said:

@GoneCoastal

It is appropriately 23 1/2"; you could always go custom...

 

Nice rod

Lou

 

27 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Hey Lou, just curious, does the 10’ Genesis have the thin diameter handle like the 9’? 

Be nice if manufactures would put basic info like this on their sites.  Butt diameter, tip size and handle lengths for blanks and factory rods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

47 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Hey Lou, just curious, does the 10’ Genesis have the thin diameter handle like the 9’? 

Mack

Can not say. I use to own a 11'- 2-6oz.  That question should be e-mailed to the company.

 

There is a good chance the Evolution will be up in MA. on the 18th this week end for the cast off. If I get a conformation on this for sure; I will let you know.

 

Take Care

Lou

 

 

 

Edited by Lou T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, FoliFish said:

 

Be nice if manufactures would put basic info like this on their sites.  Butt diameter, tip size and handle lengths for blanks and factory rods. 

Yes it would.

Lou

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Lou T said:

Mack

Can not say; that question should be e-mailed to the company.

 

There is a good chance the Evolution will be up in MA. on the 18th this week end for the cast off. If I get a conformation on this for sure; I will let you know.

 

Take Care

Lou

 

 

 

I was just curious, i actually like the thin handle. 

Thanks Lou, i would love to see if i could attend. Busy schedule, but fishing Sun. so might may be around. Thanks for any info bud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Hey Lou, just curious, does the 10’ Genesis have the thin diameter handle like the 9’? 

Mack

Your best beat is to see the rods for your self at a local tackle shop near you. Since your in RI; you have Narrow River Customs and The Salt Water Edge near you. Give them a call and see if they have the rods you are interested in seeing in stock. 

Lou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Mack26 said:

I was just curious, i actually like the thin handle. 

Thanks Lou, i would love to see if i could attend. Busy schedule, but fishing Sun. so might may be around. Thanks for any info bud!

Mack

Give the company a call on that one. I'm not a specifications type of guy; I'm more of a hands on type of guy.

 

Go get them Sunday. 

 

Your Welcome.

Lou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lou T said:

Mack

Your best beat is to see the rods for your self at a local tackle shop near you. Since your in RI; you have Narrow River Customs and The Salt Water Edge near you. Give them a call and see if they have the rods you are interested in seeing in stock. 

Lou

I’m not really looking for a new rod, just more of a question Lou. At least not yet... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mack26 said:

Hey Lou, just curious, does the 10’ Genesis have the thin diameter handle like the 9’? 

There close...;)

16 hours ago, Mack26 said:

I was just curious, i actually like the thin handle. Thanks for any info bud!

Mack, I thought you where looking for decimal equivalent's of fractions of a inch. For that I'm not your guy; I don't build rods thank God, I own to many as it is already.

 

But to shed a little light on your question. All the rods in the Genesis line up are built the same. They all have the same thin fore grip proportionately so. They do increase in diameter as the length, drag and lure rating increase, but it is fractionally so that the naked eye might not distinguish the difference. I have a friend with multiple Genesis rods in sizes and weights. What he did is with a paint pen marker is mark the rod near the ferrules with it's code not to mix them up.

 

Hope this helps...

Lou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, Lou T said:

There close...;)

Mack, I thought you where looking for decimal equivalent's of fractions of a inch. For that I'm not your guy; I don't build rods thank God, I own to many as it is already.

 

But to shed a little light on your question. All the rods in the Genesis line up are built the same. They all have the same thin fore grip proportionately so. They do increase in diameter as the length, drag and lure rating increase, but it is fractionally so that the naked eye might not distinguish the difference. I have a friend with multiple Genesis rods in sizes and weights. What he did is with a paint pen marker is mark the rod near the ferrules with it's code not to mix them up.

 

Hope this helps...

Lou

No, that’s all i was wondering Lou! I wasn’t sure if it was just the 9’ that had the thin diameter. Thanks for the clarification! 

That’s actually a great idea with the marker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Mack26 said:

No, that’s all i was wondering Lou! I wasn’t sure if it was just the 9’ that had the thin diameter. Thanks for the clarification! 

That’s actually a great idea with the marker!

:th::th:  :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.