Birdsnester

AFAW 6 and Bait

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I suppose I did this ARZ backwards lol but I just purchased an Anyfish Anywhere 6 and bait MK2 13’ for conventional reels. I’m pairing with my Seigler SM.  I’ve search this site but did not come up with too much info on it. All the reviews I found online seemed to indicate that it’s a really good rod for smooth to mixed ground and in the right hands can cast 200 yards +.   So I was hoping to get some reviews from some surf casters here that have used it.  Give me the good, the bad and the ugly!

Take a look at Tommy Farmer's video. I have been very happy w/my Estuary & Universal - tho they are both rigged for spinning w/a KR setup.

And sometimes a sticky ferrule, bag of ice is the solution. 

3 hours ago, frazerp said:

Take a look at Tommy Farmer's video. I have been very happy w/my Estuary & Universal - tho they are both rigged for spinning w/a KR setup.

And sometimes a sticky ferrule, bag of ice is the solution. 

I watch his videos quite often.  Learned a lot from them.  The vids I watched were impressive but I think he could cast 600’ with a tree trunk lol.  Glad to hear that you are happy with yours.

I have the AFAW  (discontinued) 13 ft beach rod 6-8 n bait conventional  (“red” rod series which allegedly is a step up from the “blue” rod six in bait series). I really like it but not as much as my cts 1305 or ballistic.    Soft tip with lots of backbone.  True “European” rod feel...little tip heavy and not as light as the cts or ballistic.  Have to slow your cast a little but it does really cast well.  It’s a little heavy for fishing place like the point in hatteras where your holding your rod all day and casting every 10-15 minutes.  I use mine primarily on jersey beaches where I’m able to stake a rod in a holder.  Caught some really good fish on that rod.  It’s true about the sticky ferrule....mine has been a one piece for a few years.  Need to try the ice trick.  

10 hours ago, luyber said:

I have the AFAW  (discontinued) 13 ft beach rod 6-8 n bait conventional  (“red” rod series which allegedly is a step up from the “blue” rod six in bait series). I really like it but not as much as my cts 1305 or ballistic.    Soft tip with lots of backbone.  True “European” rod feel...little tip heavy and not as light as the cts or ballistic.  Have to slow your cast a little but it does really cast well.  It’s a little heavy for fishing place like the point in hatteras where your holding your rod all day and casting every 10-15 minutes.  I use mine primarily on jersey beaches where I’m able to stake a rod in a holder.  Caught some really good fish on that rod.  It’s true about the sticky ferrule....mine has been a one piece for a few years.  Need to try the ice trick.  

Thanks a lot for the description.  That helps a lot.  Really appreciate it!