Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DroTanc

Weekend trip OCMD

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

going down to OCMD this upcoming weekend 17th -19th and I’m looking to do a little saltwater fishing. Place we are staying at is right on the bay , but besides the obvious of fishing the bay I was wondering if anyone knew some areas to check out. Targeting any saltwater species from the shore/jetties/sods. Let me know!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Around the Homer Gudelsky Park/ bridge is a popular spot. I would imagine you could pick up flounder, sea trout, and striper this time of year. I would probably start with a jighead with a fluke or swimbait. Then go from there.

Edited by cec127

18 hours ago, Goudacuda said:

cruise week?

Not intentionally but yes haha. Just want to get out of the city for a bit, but not going to lie it’s gonna be pretty awesome to see some cars.

18 hours ago, cec127 said:

Around the Homer Gudelsky Park/ bridge is a popular spot. I would imagine you could pick up flounder, sea trout, and striper this time of year. I would probably start with a jighead with a fluke or swimbait. Then go from there.

Awesome! I will definitely check that out. We have a place right in the backbay so I’m going to try there too.

4 hours ago, DroTanc said:

Not intentionally but yes haha. Just want to get out of the city for a bit, but not going to lie it’s gonna be pretty awesome to see some cars.

yeah I usually bring my car down every year but I couldn't make it down there this year, busy with schoolwork. 

but yeah if you fish out back with like a gulp on a jighead id imagine you'd catch flounder, trout and probably some stripers too 

17 mins ago, Goudacuda said:

yeah I usually bring my car down every year but I couldn't make it down there this year, busy with schoolwork. 

but yeah if you fish out back with like a gulp on a jighead id imagine you'd catch flounder, trout and probably some stripers too 

Awesome! Definitely going to be throwing small soft plastics and hopefully go out front for some larger fish.

I'd get some eels and fish the inlet or the 50 bridge if you have a net.  Bucktails with pink or white paddle tails or yellow grub tails will work in the inlet too.  Shoukd be flounder, bluefish and striper around.