Robbiethao10

Watch hill lighthouse

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I don’t mean to spotburn or anything but I was wondering if anyone here knows if we can drive our car all the way to the lighthouse. I’ve seen a lot of people drive into there but it also says it’s s private road? Makes no sense to me. Local enforcement couldn’t really give me a legitimate answer either as harbor master was a joke. Anyone who has any experience there would be a huge help as I do not want any trouble for doing anything I’m not supposed to

Legally no. It's a private road. In practice, doesn't seem to be enforced out of season or at night. Local police will ticket you though if they get called and have heard of a few times people were towed or locked in. Don't go July 4th and expect to wet a line ;).

1 hour ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Resident only parking

Where is resident only parking?   I have a place at timber creek so they give me a sticker each year.   But before that I never had a problem.parking in the shops been going there 16 years

30 mins ago, PLajoie said:

Where is resident only parking?   I have a place at timber creek so they give me a sticker each year.   But before that I never had a problem.parking in the shops been going there 16 years

Everytime I've tried to park in the surrounding areas, there were signs saying resident sticker parking only.  I just park on the beach front now (when allowed) and walk over to the lighthouse.

Drove to it and parked when I was there with the family on vacation a few years ago. I thought the same thing. No one really had an answer whether you can drive there. Few people I asked said the cops can enforce it, but most times don't.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There are two sign right at the entrance of lighthouse road with the rules. They say private road no vehicles except for senior citizens over 65 and handicapped visiting the lighthouse. 

I have seen them give out tickets but only during the summer season. Never seen them tow, just ticket and run them off. Also never seen them bother a senior fishing. 

Edited by MichaelT
Add more info

On 5/13/2019 at 9:01 PM, MichaelT said:

If you are over 65 you can drive to the lighthouse. 

If you are over 65, you should drive ON the lighthouse

they definitely ticket and tow, don't park down there. 

its going to get a lot  worse now that the town lost a court case about parking, gonna be looking for payback.