Robbiethao10

why Is fishing getting so violent?

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, hunter123 said:

I think that's the problem in a nutshell. It's turning into a Hooray for me the hell with you society. A lot of people want instant gratification. They don't want to put the time in to learn and pay there due's. Sad.

True that. It took me 4 years to get my first keeper and I worked pretty hard and did a lot of research (my teacher Johns skinner). 

Never fished from the beach but growing up I was always warned to watch for lobster pots in the boat because lobstermen will mess you up if you mess with their catch. Guess it happens on the water AND the beach...

On 5/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, Shag said:

The threat of violence in Surfcasting has been around at least the 55 years I’ve been doing it. But it’s what kept the code clear to everyone, spots weren’t burnt, lines weren’t cast over your neck, you had to learn the rules, and show some respect. 

When I first started bucktailing a certain east end inlet there were a core group of older guys who ran the show, you had to put in the time , show some respect and know what the f you were doing before you got a shot at the better rocks and the rip. It made for an organized situation with as many as 10 guys fishing in rotation when the bite was on. Interlopers with an attitude got ONE chance to back off, if not they were ejected. Most of them are gone and certainly rolling over in their graves at what a s hit show it's become.

22 hours ago, Reed422 said:

Seriously, I don't think I've had anything really happen in 20 years of fishing. Maybe I need to fish the canal more.

Let me know when you're going so I can come and kick you down the rocks. Then you'll have a story. 

Don't forget your knee pads. 

I don't find it any worse than its been in the last, say decade, to be honest...there have always been jackwagons...what I do find is people whine on the internet incessantly these days. 

2 hours ago, Shaky86 said:

Let me know when you're going so I can come and kick you down the rocks. Then you'll have a story. 

Don't forget your knee pads. 

Trying to get your rocks off, huh? I like your style.

I pull up close to shore and toss right where you esnes are fishing as often as I can.  I understand the canal is considering opening fishing from boats soon too.  Can't wait!

On 5/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, ACFishing said:

I don't have a problem with fishing beside people I don't know but my problem is the dang boats that roll up like nobody's buisness and completely block off the spot!!

I've lost plugs to boats like that.. I'm on the shore looking out for your as*, you better be looking out for me too!

Edited by StripedBasstardz

3 hours ago, StripedBasstardz said:

I've lost plugs to boats like that.. I'm on the shore looking out for your as*, you better be looking out for me too!

yea same I was fishing an inlet the other day and this boat comes down at mach 3 and spools mv vs150 ($60) of braid gone in a couple seconds