Robbiethao10

why Is fishing getting so violent?

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

I don't have a problem with fishing beside people I don't know but my problem is the dang boats that roll up like nobody's buisness and completely block off the spot!!

2 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

I guess it depends on how much casting room an individual needs. Personally as long as someone gives me a comfortable amount of space to make casts without having to worry that I might hit them they can be 5-10 yards from me and I wouldn’t have an issue with it. 

I honestly don't know how you guys do it.  I don't want anyone within 100 yards of me, much less 5- 10 yards.  I guess I won't be fishing the CCC anytime soon ;-).

2 hours ago, Terry Mac said:

Breachway fisherman are all bark and no bite. I usually beat up a few of them each year when i fish the breachways in RI. 

Thank you for your public service. Do you think, for me, as a beginner in beating up jetty-losers, should I use a bo-staff or those throwing star things?

3 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

Thank you for your public service. Do you think, for me, as a beginner in beating up jetty-losers, should I use a bo-staff or those throwing star things?

montyfish.gif.3e8f9f37d2547141bd398fcc4243ed18.gif

24 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

what ever you do be careful!

I have been trained in hand to hand combat and my hands are faster than what the average eye can pick up. 

I don't advise others to follow however some folks just need a good beat down in order to get the picture.   

good day. 

12 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

what ever you do be careful!

I have been trained in hand to hand combat and my hands are faster than what the average eye can pick up. 

I don't advise others to follow however some folks just need a good beat down in order to get the picture.   

good day. 

lilterry.gif.e55c2c83c41ba8c7b22a48cf7bc80477.gif

13 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

I don’t cut people’s lines for no reason though. I don’t mind untangling lines but when it’s every cast I’m not going to sit there and do them every time when they’re casting over my line even after they’ve forced me out of where I was fishing already. They’ll just have to deal with retying and buying extra spools. 

Aren’t you the one that is starting the violence by cutting other people’s line?  The other guys are probably thinking that you’re the one with violence problem. 

Too many tough guys in this thread for me. I'll keep avoiding people so they don't have to whip out knives to cut my line...:dismay:

I've only ever met patient and tolerant people thus far, lucky me.  Just last year I wasn't as aware of etiquette and I kept crossing an older gentleman's line fishing a river outlet on the cape and he was very patient with me, now that I think about it they're probably on here.

Couple years ago I was fishing tip of a popular jetty inlet for bass. Two older fellas were plugging to my right. We had just clipped on our topwater plugs as the sun began to rise on the horizon. All of a sudden 10 or so white bucketeers roll up squad deep and overtake the tip. I was planning on dealing with it. Their fault if they walk into my cast....

Anyway, the two older fellas didnt like this an an argument between the one guy and a white bucketeer began yelling across the jetty about crossing lines or somebody almost getting hit with a back cast.

One thing leads to another and the guys are taking off their gear and ready to fight it out. I look over at the other older fella and hes got his hand on his dive knife. He whispered to me "get ready to protect yourself". I took a look around and the white bucket "gang" has us circled.

One of the fellas grabbed the white buckets leaders and apologized for him being drunk...  it wasnt even 6am.

I dont know how I got caught up in this mess but I was pretty happy to have walked off the jetty with a skunk that morning.

There’s a very simple rule that, if followed, would insure no conflicts. If you arrive at a spot and another person (or persons) are already there, your presence should not cause the other(s) to have to alter the way they are fishing.  If it does, you’re too close & you should move. If this causes you to have to settle for a lesser spot, that’s too bad - get there earlier next time. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

A Puerto Rican grandfather, with his thug son, and the 12 year old grandson were all fishing along a pier. I was snagging bunker. The three puerto ricans weren't doing so well because they had a crap snagger, too small. 

As I was putting my gear away, the grandfather apparently kicked away my snagger. I thought it had already made it to my tacklebox. When I made it to the car I was like, did I put that snagger away? I checked and was like oh, I must have left it at the fishing area. 

So I returned and there's the Mother Fracker fishing with my snagger, which I recognized because it had a unique sticker on it. Mother fracker, the son, threatened ME when I asked for it back.  The grandfather, who looked like an ex-con himself, calmed him down. Probably because the son was on parole. 

So  yeah, there are some real bastards out there.

BUT, in my experience, the good people outnumber the bad, no contest. In almost every fishing outing, I meet one good person after another. 

I've met people of all races and walks of life, trump supporters and liberals, at the fishing spots and almost all of them were cool. Those three thieves were the exception and most certainly not the rule.

Edited by TroutGhost