Robbiethao10

why Is fishing getting so violent?

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 55555s said:

Mmmmmm.  I dunno.  You'd have to define 'next to'.  Proximity matters.  

I guess it depends on how much casting room an individual needs. Personally as long as someone gives me a comfortable amount of space to make casts without having to worry that I might hit them they can be 5-10 yards from me and I wouldn’t have an issue with it. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

Been fishing my entire life. Never had an altercation or anything even remotely close to exchanging words until two years ago and it gets worse every year 

every? if it started two years ago, that means it got worse last year. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

39 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Last guy i beat up was targeting sand tiger sharks from the surf. He needed to be taught a lesson. 

In your dreams  flabio 

Edited by Wire For Fire

10 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

2- guys were fishing a rotation during the fall run in a breachway. We fished off on the side and they started issuing threats about ripping our face off if we hit them with a plug. 

Breachway fisherman are all bark and no bite. I usually beat up a few of them each year when i fish the breachways in RI. 

59 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Last guy i beat up was targeting sand tiger sharks from the surf. He needed to be taught a lesson. 

I hope that wire has recovered from your bo staff

Fishing is a way to avoid people problem. Not getting into it.. I don't mind crowd fishing as long everyone coordinate and avoid tangling. It's usually that one guy that decided to do it his ways and piss everyone off. Don't be that guy!

Edited by StripedBasstardz

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

every? if it started two years ago, that means it got worse last year. 

Two years ago wasn’t bad really but man last year was just sad to see

48 mins ago, StripedBasstardz said:

Fishing is a way to avoid people problem. Not getting into it.. I don't mind crowd fishing as long everyone coordinate and avoid tangling. It's usually that one guy that decided to do it his ways and piss everyone off. Don't be that guy!

That’s how I feel. As long as everyone is coordinated

11 hours ago, ferret said:

why is it irrelevant, when the gangbangers realized they could catch 30# bass on $50 K-Mart white rods and poppers, they started fishing the NJ jetties.  They would take as many fish as they could catch, well beyond their limit, finally someone was man enough to tell them about the regulations, after that they called their crack hoes, high heels and all to come out on the jetties and claim fish as their catch.

I remember that