Robbiethao10

why Is fishing getting so violent?

Rate this topic

140 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Robbiethao10 said:

I don’t understand where you are getting at with your dumb irrelevant comment and reference. I have no intention of harming anyone for any reason over fishing. Stupid reason to kill someone

why is it irrelevant, when the gangbangers realized they could catch 30# bass on $50 K-Mart white rods and poppers, they started fishing the NJ jetties.  They would take as many fish as they could catch, well beyond their limit, finally someone was man enough to tell them about the regulations, after that they called their crack hoes, high heels and all to come out on the jetties and claim fish as their catch.

7 mins ago, Robbiethao10 said:

Are we talking about using violence here based on that gif? I have no intention of harming anyone over trivial matters. Like dude it’s fishing.

Yeah, I’m saying aerate someone with a smokewagon over fishing. 

3 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

Yeah, I’m saying aerate someone with a smokewagon over fishing. 

Only way that would happen is if a group of idiots attacks first. Then it’s game on. I have no intention of hurting anyone but if I feel like my life or well-being is being threatened, taking lives is no issue. That’s for damn sure. 

9 mins ago, ferret said:

why is it irrelevant, when the gangbangers realized they could catch 30# bass on $50 K-Mart white rods and poppers, they started fishing the NJ jetties.  They would take as many fish as they could catch, well beyond their limit, finally someone was man enough to tell them about the regulations, after that they called their crack hoes, high heels and all to come out on the jetties and claim fish as their catch.

That’s a totally different type of scenario. In that situation I wouldn’t even do anything. It ain’t my business to tell someone right from wrong. Instead of confronting them and causing a headache for yourself, call EPO and let them handle it. 

28 mins ago, Robbiethao10 said:

That’s very true. They’re gonna be everywhere you go. Doesn’t matter to me how rude people are and stuff. Say what you want and do what you want. It’s public property. I just have issues with people throwing out threats or doing stupid things and getting mad when it’s their fault their lines are being cut

When I was fishing from land I didn’t like anyone crowding me either but it is public property. I know we need to be courteous of each other but in reality there’s no rights or laws that give you any ownership of that spot. When you start cutting people’s lines you are breaking the law. You are destroying someone else’s personal property. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 mins ago, aae0130 said:

When I was fishing from land I didn’t like anyone crowding me either but it is public property. I know we need to be courteous of each other but in reality there’s no rights or laws that give you any ownership of that spot. When you start cutting people’s lines you are breaking the law. You are destroying someone else’s personal property. 

I don’t cut people’s lines for no reason though. I don’t mind untangling lines but when it’s every cast I’m not going to sit there and do them every time when they’re casting over my line even after they’ve forced me out of where I was fishing already. They’ll just have to deal with retying and buying extra spools. 

Edited by Robbiethao10

41 mins ago, Robbiethao10 said:

Only way that would happen is if a group of idiots attacks first. Then it’s game on. I have no intention of hurting anyone but if I feel like my life or well-being is being threatened, taking lives is no issue. That’s for damn sure. 

if you have to,air condition his ass!

HH

7 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

yep,shuts them up,they can't come back later and kill you[remember carlito's way?]and they tell no tales.

HH 

1E216D0A-6877-490F-9ACE-348F4FC0B3E2.gif

4 mins ago, 27conch said:

This is nothing new.

Pretty new to me. I have never seen or heard of people trying to kill each other over fishing growing up. Really just verbal altercations up until pretty much just last year.

With the rise of social media everyone wants to catch the big girls but few are actually willing to grind it out and catch fish on their own accord. A lot of newbies aren't aware of etiquette (honest mistake) and some are just jerks to begin with. When people cross the line something needs to be said so they know they're doing something wrong. Most times its just a harmless back and forth and tensions subside. But some guys take it too far and need to get slapped around a bit. Examples of going too far include taking short fish despite knowing what youre doing is wrong and putting an individuals safety in jeopardy. If some guy is casting over me from the service road he gets one warning. If he does it again things will escalate quickly. Hold your ground and stick up for what's right. And I'm not talking about the guy who stole your spot when you went to take a piss or get your pliers. You get out of line you lose your spot. But do have respect for someone who is fishing an area prior to you getting there. People have little respect these days unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Robbiethao10 said:

If they want to fish next to you

Mmmmmm.  I dunno.  You'd have to define 'next to'.  Proximity matters.  

7 hours ago, ferret said:

when the gangbangers realized they could catch 30# bass on $50 K-Mart white rods and poppers, they started fishing the NJ jetties. 

For real?    Damn.

7 hours ago, ferret said:

...after that they called their crack hoes, high heels and all to come out on the jetties and claim fish as their catch.

They were Korean gang bangers?