Alferd Packer

Ordering on Penn Website - New Tariffs

4 posts in this topic

I was just visiting the Penn website and saw that they will not be fulfilling orders from there. I also noticed that the reels I was looking at were listed as out of stock. I have a couple of questions. 

What gives?

Is this situation going to impact product availability  through your retailers?

And on a slightly different topic, what is Penn’s strategy for dealing with the new tariffs. Is this going to be an immediate price hike for all your goods being manufactured in China? 

And the intersectional question, do you know if  the incoming tariffs have driven a spike in demand, or is your lack of stock being driven by increased demand for some of your great new products, and improved brand strength?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Be interested to see what the Penn guys say (if they are allowed to say).  Don’t know if Penn is still affiliated with Berkley and Ugly Stik, but those websites have the same message.  OH

Ps. My own thoughts on reading the new policies was that the manufacturers were stepping back to not compete with their retailers and distributors.

Edited by Old Hunter

Alfred,

The answer to your question should've popped up on the Website, we’re prioritizing our retailers at the moment :

tony

Dear valued customer,

Due to unprecedented demand resulting in delivery delays, we will be unable to fulfill website orders until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this disruption.

Your business is incredibly important to us, and the changes we're making will ensure that we're in the best position to serve you in the future. In the meantime, you can still purchase our products from any of our excellent retail partners in stores and online.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your business. Best of luck on the water this summer.

The PENN® team

not surprised the deals last year were so good for quality reels. I like the Slammer3 4500 more than any reel I've owned for inshore fishing.