Joed5

Tick ID needed

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Went fishing the other day in Northern New Jersey. My wife saw this stuck on my neck. Not sure what kind of tick it is. The white part is some of my skin. Pulled it off with tweezers. 

FD0E5135-2C83-436D-B54A-9B24B1BB7C17.jpeg

Edited by Joed5

Yep, that's a tick...……………...I don't know ,but I think they have to be on you at least for 24 hours so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Daily occurrence in my ‘hood.  Google symptoms of Lyme.  If you show any go to the doctor and get a Rx.  If not, forget about it. Dont get it tested - waste of time.

Posted (edited)

You are correct, if they are on you 24-36 hours you’re at risk. Just not sure what kind of tick it is. It’s not a wood tick or deer tick. 

Edited by Joed5

I bet it's carrying the Powassan Virus or maybe cause the Alphagan meat allergy.

This is bad, real bad.

Dog tick. The worse way to take them off is to pull them out. You can leave part or all of the head in you.  I use a little oil or butter over there body, they can't breed and will back out.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Joed5 said:

You are correct, if they are on you 24-36 hours you’re at risk. Just not sure what kind of tick it is. It’s not a wood tick or deer tick. 

Carful, unfortunately Lyme is not the only or even the worst tick born illness. 

Powassan can be fatal, lone star tick could give you an allergy to red meat - (never eat it again), and Babesiosis (which I had last year) 

Edited by ged

Put rubbing alcohol in a ziplock and put the tick in there to preserve it then send it in to Rutgers! They will test to see if it is a carrier