Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sauerkraut

SIMRAD AUTOPILOT HYDRAULIC HOOKUP QUESTIONS

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

This should be a question more properly addressed to Simrad; however they just suck for technical customer support (And on that basis alone, I would advise utilizing an equivalent competitor such as Garmin).

The project is installing this Simrad RPU 80 Autopilot pump into a standard SeaStar helm/cylinder hydraulic steering system.  I have to "T" this Autopilot pump into the system.  Picture No. 1 shows the two choices of ORB fittings Simrad sent with their RPU 80 Autopilot pump.  Picture No. 2 shows the standard SeaStar 3/8 ORB hose end which I need the RPU 80 to adapt to.

Can somebody identify to me a "T" fitting that would allow me to connect TWO, standard SeaStar hoses, directly to the RPU 80 Autopilot female ORB port-- thus eliminating need for use of any of the Simrad adapter fittings (Picture 1). 

IMG_E5453.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5047.JPG

You should be able to find the fittings you need in any plumbing supply store. Just make sure you get the ones designed for high pressure. I put mine in so long ago I don't remember exactly what I did.

Almost forgot, I think Kellog marine supply carries them, so you can probably get them almost anywhere overnight.