Mbrody

Black Hole Striped Bass Special is home

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

I'm also thinking of buying this same BH Striped Bass rod in the10' 3/4 to 4 oz rating.  Also looking very closely at the ODM DNA the 10' 3/4 to 4 oz rating. 

Tough call between the BH Striped Bass and ODM DNA, but still thinking and greatly value actual use reviews from you, so please post after using the rod.  So far based on Mbrody, the BH striped bass sounds like it has the edge.

-R

Got to put a 10 lb Bluefish on her today. Felt great. This rod has backbone. Can certainly handle any bass or bluefish. 

I was able to get into a good bluefish bite up to 14lbs paired with my vs200. Rod felt good.  Felt good to break the ice with the new rod. 

I do do need to tighten up the double lock on the reel seat.   I will check that tomorrow.  Also I’m still getting used to the foam above the reel.  I do like it though.  

9 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Will these be available with anything other than EVA grips?

You can buy blanks and build a rod you like.

Tomo Tackle in Salem, MA has a few new Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods.

Anyone who wants to check the rods, visit Tomo Tackle.

A few more nights under my belt and I’m just not sure I like the large foam on top of the reel seat.   I hope I get used to it but it’s slightly awkward to me.  

We almost sold out the first batch of the Striped Bass Special rods came by air though we don't list them on your JIGNPOP site yet.

The main shipment by ship will be here by the end of June or July.

Anyone who touches the rods loves them.

Edited by ksong

Lol I love the cast distance guesses. If there is anything a fisherman exaggerates more than the size of their fish, its the unmeasured distance of their cast.

Edited by Baitbucket

13 hours ago, Baitbucket said:

Lol I love the cast distance guesses. If there is anything a fisherman exaggerates more than the size of their fish, it the unmeasured distance of their cast.

just so you know, where he was casting, there is a red buoy marked at a 100 yards out for boat traffic, pacifically , his casts were way beyond the red buoy.....with a Davies pencil, way beyond,,,with SP, closer in ..