Mbrody

Black Hole Striped Bass Special is home

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

FedEd just pulled up. Unboxed her, took some photos and rigged her up. Very pumped as it’s super light and feels like the rod I have been searching for may finally be here. Will go test cast and see how she casts. Maybe look for some fish tonight...

First impressions...

Very Light

Thin in the hands

Feels sensitive but strong

Build looks outstanding

Looks/feels like a high performance version of a suped up 9’6 Suzuki.

Time to put it through the paces and see if she meets expectations.

C2058F70-74BC-4E4B-9A83-4C5161DE6DEB.jpeg

6671BB8F-281C-4013-9B44-824FF31A466F.jpeg

2AFCC2B7-1B47-4AF8-AB6C-EB871BDF1B0C.jpeg

Congratulations!! I'm jealous,  I love the 9'6 Suzuki but that is next on my list. That's a great set up, good luck, looking forward to how you like it 

Congrats mbrody on the new striped bass special.  I suspect all of us are dying to hear your assessment especially at 1oz and 3+.

Good luck with it and hope you catch plenty

Rob

Thanks! I’ve been testing it and fished last night. Here is my initial review on casting the lighter ranges 3/4 - 2oz. ZB 22 with 30lb test and leader.

All things casted with great distance for a 10’ rod. Nothing overloaded the cast. At first, I was concerned that Light stuff would not load, but everything does. And they all reached impressive distance. Middle sized floating SP, middle size Mag Darters, Gibbs small pencil popper, Gags 3/4 whip it fish, Pt Jude tin, 2 oz bucktails with pork rind.  Don’t need a lot of energy to cast far. 

Tip remained stiff on all retrieves. Recovery was fast. I only got weed, but the tip feels sensitive. Fished in inlet current, open beach and bay with current.

Initial conclusion is that this will be my main rod to do it all, and do it well in the area I fish. I will throw heavier plugs like SS Bottles and 4oz bucktails, and believe they will cast fine, but I am basing this  just from feel. The 70/30 split instills confidence and the feel of a 1 piece. Love the weight and thin feel. Need to put some fish on it to comment on fighting ability. This is a really fun rod and a pleasure to fish. Happy with the purchase and itching to go again!

i am glad you like the new BH Rod, very impressed review, i field tested these new rods, all last fall, and so glad other guys, like yourself, are liking this new line of rods, these are strong , light, sensitive, plenty of backbone,(checkout tuna video),rods, plus the fact , the retail price, is also outstanding.....

Thanks MBrody for your positive review.

No Black Hole USA rods are final. When we need any improvement, we don't hesitate to upgrade the rods to make the best rods available. 

The Striped Bass Special surf rods are not on our JIGNPOP website yet  If anyone is interested in the rods, call Jane at 201-568-7702 or send an email to info@jignpop.com 

10 mins ago, ksong said:

No Black Hole USA rods are final. When we need any improvement, we don't hesitate to upgrade the rods to make the best rods available. 

The Striped Bass Special surf rods are not on our JIGNPOP website yet  If anyone is interested in the rods, call Jane at 201-568-7702 or send an email to info@jignpop.com 

Oh is that the website for Black hole? I kept on trying to go to black hole usa dot com but get this:

Screenshot 2019-05-15 12.20.38.png

3 hours ago, ksong said:

Kil,

The more I have been using this rod the more I am confident in saying that this is my favorite combo for Bass/Blues in a variety of areas/conditions. The value/performance is outstanding. Now I need to put fish on it!  (Work made me miss a helluva bite before eh Ross?)

Mine arrived as well.     I’m pairing it up with a vs200.  I plan on getting out soon for a review.  

Im switching over from 10’ odd genesis.  My first thought was wow the weight is sweet. Super light.