Frog

Penn Spinfisher VI vs Daiwa Fuego LT

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I know there is a decent price difference between these two reels but after receiving a defective Penn Spinfisher VI 2500 I am returning it. I have wondered if I should shoot for another Spinfisher or get a Daiwa Fuego LT 2500 instead. Does anyone have experience with both of these reel? I will be using it for saltwater and freshwater applications. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The new spinfisher reels are very impressive. Have you considered a stradic or a clash? 

Also checkout the classifieds, there’s a Florida fishing products osprey 2500 for sale. It’s basically a nicer version of a Stradic but with carbon drag. Great little reel. 

Edited by MikedNJ

12 hours ago, Ivl said:

What rod are you using? And what species of fish will you be targeting?

I am using a St Croix Triumph 7' M rod and I will be targeting snook, redfish, seatrout, small jacks, bass and other inshore fish I'd happen to hook into

Daiwa Saltist Back Bay if you can find one or regular Saltist.  Nothing larger than a 4500. Also consider a Penn Slammer III. The Saltist is incredible for the price. 

1 hour ago, Ivl said:

Daiwa Saltist Back Bay if you can find one or regular Saltist.  Nothing larger than a 4500. Also consider a Penn Slammer III. The Saltist is incredible for the price. 

I think the back bay is out of my price range I'm looking for a $100-120 reel. The spinfisher 2500 is $120 on amazon but the one I got is defective. The fuego is $80 and I was wondering if I should get another spinfisher or fuego.

52 mins ago, Ivl said:

If thats the price range go with a Daiwa BG.  And upgrade to a Saltist for your next setup. 

I have a BG 4000 and it has gotten very rough which is why I want a reel with sealing or in the fuego, magsealed.

Looking online you can find deals on Penn Slammer III's for just a little over your budget.  Might be a better option to look at as well.  

1 min ago, Ivl said:

Looking online you can find deals on Penn Slammer III's for just a little over your budget.  Might be a better option to look at as well.  

I want a 2500 size reel and the slammer does not come in a 2500.

Maybe the Spinfisher you had was just a bad production run and the next will be better.  I just didnt like the feel of the Fuego compared to others. Get the Reel you want to fish with for the next few years. Even if you have to save up a bit longer. Best of luck with your new reel.