codfish

25 percent tariff how will this effect fishing?

Rate this topic

122 posts in this topic

China has a pretty good toolbox of responses to deal with the tariffs, and so far, really hasn't dug into it.  I

don't see them budging on their central issues because of the tariffs when they haven't done it in the face of quite large incentives. 

The Chinese have to be amused that Trump believes that taxing Americans will change Chinese behavior. It is the equivalent of saying "I will continue to burn myself with a cigarette until you change your behavior." 

29 mins ago, codfish said:

One area of fishing that tariffs might have a dramatic effect is in the fishing lure space, US company's might start to get back some of the market share.:)

There are more and more garage and basement builders now. Dozens of FB pages of ones to buy. Guys are turning out high quality stuff. One doesn't need the big companies.

5 mins ago, Sweetwater said:

China has a pretty good toolbox of responses to deal with the tariffs, and so far, really hasn't dug into it.  I

don't see them budging on their central issues because of the tariffs when they haven't done it in the face of quite large incentives. 

The Chinese have to be amused that Trump believes that taxing Americans will change Chinese behavior. It is the equivalent of saying "I will continue to burn myself with a cigarette until you change your behavior." 

I doubt that the Chinese are amused at the idea of reduced exports.  That is the effect of tariffs.

1 min ago, reelfire said:

There are more and more garage and basement builders now. Dozens of FB pages of ones to buy. Guys are turning out high quality stuff. One doesn't need the big companies.

Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits.  Made in USA.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I doubt that the Chinese are amused at the idea of reduced exports.  That is the effect of tariffs.

It's amazing that you had to post that to an adult

59 mins ago, Sweetwater said:

It is supposed to affect the consumer. The president is hoping that consumers will see little price difference between US and foreign goods so they will opt for US made goods. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey....I got something out of this thread. I was not aware of IRT brand of reels.

Are they good stuff?

Edited by aae0130

3 mins ago, Slowwwride said:

Chinese sinkers will weigh 25% less than stated

Is this why when I eat Chinese sinkers I’m hungry an hour later?

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, reelfire said:

Food for thought:)

Edited by codfish

Fishing should not be effected at all, BUT purchasing imported fishing equipment might get more expensive.

1 hour ago, aae0130 said:

Hey....I got something out of this thread. I was not aware of IRT brand of reels.

Are they good stuff?

Apparently so.  Ksong likes his a lot. Use "Search" to find threads discussing them, in this Forum.