Electric bike 4 riding on the beach?!

Rate this topic

Fishy4335

I am looking into an electric bike 2 ride Along South Shore of Long Island beaches in the fall. Also looking to get exercise so I will be able to use it as a regular bike as well on the beach or on the road to. Can anybody suggest a really good Fat Tire electric bike

Edited by Fishy4335

Call Dunklebergers Strousburg, PA.  They sell one for hunters.

Alternatively, Tarrytown, NY there’s a guy with an ebike shop.  Opened a couple years ago with the goal to rent bikes to people crossing the new Tappan Zee Bridge pedestrian path. [6 mile round trip, The old bridge did not have a pedestrian path. ]. He certainly would know anything and everything there is to know about the options in E bikes. He was even on one when I ran into him at the dentist in Dobbs Ferry a month ago.

Are you going to use this, on a paved path or sand beach ?

I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

Jim Morrison 

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.

It has to be a fat bike. Look at the fat eBikes on bicycles direct. I don’t think you’ll find a quality eBike for less. A fellow SOLer friend of mine has one on order. I’ll be helping him assemble and rig it when it arrives. I’m sure he’ll share some feedback once he’s had a chance to ride it. 

Send me link In am curious

I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

Jim Morrison 

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.

16 mins ago, YakDawg said:

Because it's propulsed by an engine. Most states require electric motor kayaks/canoes to be registered.

It is an engine? I thought it was just a battery pack in a few wires. I'll look into that.... I did not see anything as of yet about not having any type of bike (except gas powered motorcycle) on the beach in NY