DeepCastMike

Sandy Hook Today Results

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

2 years ago there was a large hole at north beach that was amazing. Unfortunately the Army Corps of Engineers (I believe) filled the entire area up. It was startling to compare the satellite pictures from before to now. The area, for now, is not productive AT ALL in my opinion. So bad that I’m not getting the parking pass this year. Hopefully Mother Nature will make things right again in the future.

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, Lucky13RC13 said:

2 years ago there was a large hole at north beach that was amazing. Unfortunately the Army Corps of Engineers (I believe) filled the entire area up. It was startling to compare the satellite pictures from before to now. The area, for now, is not productive AT ALL in my opinion. So bad that I’m not getting the parking pass this year. Hopefully Mother Nature will make things right again in the future.

Probably not. The ACOE doesn't  pump sand on SH, if anything they dredge the false rip and back down the river and they are removing all the sand that flows up in the littoral current. Sandy Hook got F'd by beach replenishment from every town S of them that's why its 2 feet deep at low tide and everybody wonders why they aren't catching  chit. 

Edited by SIC34

On 5/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, Lucky13RC13 said:

Yes It is terrible , everyone stay away...

On 5/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, Qwik said:

Yes It is terrible , everyone stay away...

It's just sad to see the fishing literally fade away at the spot, However I got my first signs of nice fluke on a bucktail at SH

When all else fails consider throwing a fresh chunk of bunker.  For fresh bunker try Julian's B&T, Rt 36, Atlantic Highlands.  You might find "outback" to be more productive than the surf but not as exciting.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:01 PM, bayyaker54 said:

The plover signs should be going up shortly 

Those flag plover signs make great lure thru wire ..

Posted (edited) · Report post

What the heck is a plover sign?

edit *****.  I googled it.   Bird protection racket. 

Edited by aae0130