Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannyplug1

Wanted tutorial for pop flies 3D bucktail : Andrew

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Title says it all.  I am tired of drooling over your beats full 3D buctail decievers.  Would love to see a pictorial tutorial of how you make your magic,  I know you did one before but it doesn’t have the pictures with explanations for each steap.  Thanks Andrew alias rachael Marie.  Help me I am frustrated and tired of destroying good buctails.  Charlie, serial buctaill killer,

Honestly, I would just say to buy a copy of Fleye Design by Bob Popovics. It has everything that you need to really hone your skills with shaping bucktail in a variety of ways, including the 3D and hollow styles of tying. If you’re wasting tail, it’s probably worth the value of the book. 

I have the book and have studied it intensely. I have looked at the videos I have looked them over and over.  Guess I will have to accept the fact I am a serial buctail abuser.

What fly exactly is it your having issues with?  Also what is your major problem tying these? Not sure by your post.. "beats full 3D buctail decievers "   If you post some pictures of what you have made so far that will help as well.

There are Beast Flys and Bucktail Deceivers with the Bucktail Deceivers way easier to tie..

Andrew is not tying commercially at the moment, so I doubt he will be posting any step by step instructions here. 

17 hours ago, dannyplug1 said:

I have the book and have studied it intensely. I have looked at the videos I have looked them over and over.  Guess I will have to accept the fact I am a serial buctail abuser.

Just keep at it! It will get much better and quickly.Try different bucktails.That is most likely the problem.

There is an old (its really ancient thread)  with a step by step on this but its so old that its doesn't have pictures.  There are pictures on Andrews album page on SOL but It would be great and extremely if one of the powers that be on SOL could hook up the pictures to the old thread if possible.  thanks Charlie if its possible