Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBreese1

my two new additions

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I recently added two new additions to my collection of military battle rifles.  I scored an 1963 arsenal 26 Chinese SKS Vietnam bringback. It is complete and all original and looks very battle worn. It will pair nicely with the retro colt M-16 / AR-15 I have been collecting original parts to build.

The second is an 1877 Springfield trapdoor rifle. The serial number range for Model 1877's go  from about number 75000 to about 115000. This rifle is at the very high end and makes this Rifle one of the last Model 1877 manufactured. The over all condition is Very good+ to fine the the Inspectors mark in the stock is faint but visible. The receiver is case hardened and in great shape. The bore is in good+condition in fact it is in remarkable condition for a firearm of this type and age. This one will hang in a place of honor below my 1864 Parker snow and company 1861 Springfield rifled musket from the civil war. Now I need to find an Springfield 1893 Krag Jorgenson to complete my collection of primitive  American military rifles. 

Jim

Chi-Com.JPG

1877springfield.JPG

1877springfield1.JPG

Agreed. Those are two great pieces of history right there. Question about the SKS, because I’m not knowledgeable in that arena, would that be considered a pre-ban from the pre-Clinton ban like on AKs? 

The SKS is curio and relic qualified as long as it has an fixed magazine that holds 10 rounds or less. Put an detachable magazine on it and you are in deep poop.

Jim

Both really nice.  Thank you for sharing.  I've got a decent collection of mid century (20th) battle rifles and don't have a Krag either.  I've been watching a Hunting/Gun forum down here in hopes of finding one, I figure if I find one, it'll need restoration.

Jeff B.

ATF,  Pfffft, They better bring the Marines.  [JUST KIDDING]  I am just a peacefull, law abiding citizen who likes to use my Second Amendment rights to collect and shoot, legal to own historic military rifles.

Jim