ADTR14

Tallywacker prop ???

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me some insight or ideas on how to bend the tallywacker props? Was hoping to find some pre-bent but havent had any luck

thanks

matt

9ED1B281-3A6A-4017-892F-EE9CF2758425.png

AB682CE2-BC14-422A-9F3D-30CB540BA28E.png

E720F76F-55A1-4FE5-943D-7D2190B2EC0E.png

I bought some too but haven’t touched them yet. I’m still doing rework on one regular barbell type. The delta one worked well though. 

I tried to make a version a while back and could not get the bend right on the Lexan i used. I replaced with a delta blade (From Buzz Bait) and it works great. I would love to see the results of yours.

Lures.jpg.73c316109f41f4ac6582f086f4a7982e.jpg

I was able to find a little info on a musky website. Seems like most guys bend by hand with a hammer and a piece of pipe for the form. Also saw a couple guys using a ring bender but they are kind of an investment. I did see  a set of ring bender pliers that might be worth a shot

FEAF4795-AAFE-4191-9885-FD7C2F976F9A.jpeg

1 hour ago, ADTR14 said:

I was able to find a little info on a musky website. Seems like most guys bend by hand with a hammer and a piece of pipe for the form. Also saw a couple guys using a ring bender but they are kind of an investment. I did see  a set of ring bender pliers that might be worth a shot

FEAF4795-AAFE-4191-9885-FD7C2F976F9A.jpeg

That pic is very helpful. I see where a pipe could be used as a form and the angle. Thanks for the research :).

I will post a pic of the Delta bladed version. Its a bit ugly but makes quite the ruckus on the top.

1 hour ago, mmanolis said:

That pic is very helpful. I see where a pipe could be used as a form and the angle. Thanks for the research :).

I will post a pic of the Delta bladed version. Its a bit ugly but makes quite the ruckus on the top.

I’d like to see it! Did you use the whole prop or cut it to use half? That may be another option for me

One on left is great. Right one goes on it’s side as soon as you run n it. I just  need to find some time to do some prop bending. 

29 mins ago, mmanolis said:

Here is where I left off with the plug. It's ugly but works.

20190509_175107.jpg

As long as it works! And I think it looks good

I need to mess with the props a little bit, but I’m considering some pliers to try and make the bends. Just not sure how well the Teflon will hold up to the stainless 

889A5087-1512-4739-A4D0-5BAB105BFC94.jpeg

2 hours ago, Steel Pulse said:

Teflon is very soft probably not well. 

Whoops meant nylon but probably not much better