bob_G

Ticks

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Dedeale said:

I was told drinking apple cider vinegar helps keeping ticks away.  I've been drinking apple cider vinegar for few years just for health benefits.  Never had a single tick on me.

Yep, I've been doing the same for years......one tablespoon of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar daily.

In my many years of romping thru the underbrush at BSP and Cranes Beach I've never had an incident of having to remove a tick from my body. Some may call it luck, but I attribute it to ingesting a daily dose of Bragg's.

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Yep, I've been doing the same for years......one tablespoon of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar daily.

In my many years of romping thru the underbrush at BSP and Cranes Beach I've never had an incident of having to remove a tick from my body. Some may call it luck, but I attribute it to ingesting a daily dose of Bragg's.

180  proof????????????????

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

It wouldnt be fermented, by any chance?

Yep, that's the one, Bill.

Bragg's is unpasteurized and contains the "mother of vinegar", which is basically a colony of beneficial bacteria fermentation.

It is written, that back in 400 BC, Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing natural qualities.

Edited by Joe G

14 mins ago, bob_G said:

Joe,

So Braggs has been around since 400BC?

No, no, no.

Bragg's, the well known health crusaders, established their health stores in 1912.

However, ancient records that predate the birth of Christ by hundreds of years, speak to Hippocrates using vinegar with the mother, to treat the various ailments that afflicted folks.

11 mins ago, bob_G said:

So vinegar predated leaches and snakes?

No.

On the fifth, or maybe it was the sixth day, the Lord said "let the earth bring forth creepy crawlers".

So......if you believe the words in Genesis.....leaches and snakes predate vinegar. 

8 mins ago, Joe G said:

No.

On the fifth, or maybe it was the sixth day, the Lord said "let the earth bring forth creepy crawlers".

So......if you believe the words in Genesis.....leaches and snakes predate vinegar. 

Great reminder to the souls who sit in the tick world and suffer the consequences of being bitten . Bob why not try it since you do not want to do any thing else to prevent tick bites and see if you could find some benefit , who knows it may work and then you could really enjoy sitting in the woods doing what ever you want, listing to the call of the wild.

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

So there is a series of three shots you can get to prevent lyme. Painful I hear. 

Anybody do this? 

FDA approved for humans? First ive heard of it.

Hate to say it, but they haven't been bad around here yet. I bought Permethin to spray my turkey clothes with but haven't gotten around to it yet. Still, have not had a tick on me this season.

I leave the clothes outside between hunts just in case. Don't want to bring any inside with me.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

FDA approved for humans? First ive heard of it.

Bob that it was in the prevention mode for a few years and then discontued. now It was suggested to me a while back and I thought better of getting it

Edited by Angler #1

Some vets carry tick spoons which work great on dogs or people-small 1/2 or 1/4 table spoon size spoon with a v-notch on the spoon-guide the notch betwwen the tick and skin and lift straight out-works great unless the tick is imbedded.

58 mins ago, bumknee said:

Some vets carry tick spoons which work great on dogs or people-small 1/2 or 1/4 table spoon size spoon with a v-notch on the spoon-guide the notch betwwen the tick and skin and lift straight out-works great unless the tick is imbedded.

good comb and fingernails.

dog spent an hour in the grass and woods... 

FOURTY.  A new all time daily record for the “tick jar” (w/ isopropil)

all dog ticks... no deer ticks... must have hit a nest.

73474B6B-6A98-4D09-9E38-C6D60B300D04.jpeg