Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jvisconti

Anybody use "Doormat Fluke Rigs" handmade rigs?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Found a guy online who seems to be a Long Islander and makes pretty nice looking hi-lo fluke rigs at decent prices. I won't list the website here (don't know if it is against the rules or anything) but I was wondering if anybody has heard about or used them. They start at $4.00 but use quality material so I figured I'd give it a shot. 

looks ok for $4, but it's not a hi-lo rig it's more of a tandem inline rig as he's using a fishfinder set up

1 hour ago, Sandflee said:

looks ok for $4, but it's not a hi-lo rig it's more of a tandem inline rig as he's using a fishfinder set up

Yeah, that is true. I have never used a set up like that before but I am interested in trying it out. 

good winter project while watching TV you can buy all the components, hooks, swivels, leader material, skirts, spinners etc... and make up a bunch of combinations

3 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

How can I see them?

Can you hint at what to Google ?  if posting the link is against the rules.

It is the first link if you google "doormat fluke rigs", as that is also the name of the dot com website. 

On 5/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, jvisconti said:

Found a guy online who seems to be a Long Islander and makes pretty nice looking hi-lo fluke rigs at decent prices. I won't list the website here (don't know if it is against the rules or anything) but I was wondering if anybody has heard about or used them. They start at $4.00 but use quality material so I figured I'd give it a shot. 

I use them and they slay fluke. Favorite is “sure thing” below caught. 

60116381-07C9-433D-A23A-789BC85DA095.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

I bought one last year out of curiosity. The quality is good but nothing special about the rigs. You can definitely DIY it. it is bit overkill for fluke IMO. I prefer bucktail with teaser.

Edited by Rangler

I went last night and bought some of the John Skinner recommended bucktails and teasers so I'll be making some of his rigs but I am also going to order a couple of these. I'll report back on how well they do!

I always seem to do better with fluke after Memorial Day. I haven't been on saltwater yet this year but hopefully that changes in the next week or two.

Whats freaking me out this season is although it is still somewhat early, I find myself shoulder to shoulder already.

Early May, early morning, middle of the week and I'm shoulder to shoulder ???

Can you imagine a Saturday in early June ?

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Whats freaking me out this season is although it is still somewhat early, I find myself shoulder to shoulder already.

Early May, early morning, middle of the week and I'm shoulder to shoulder ???

Can you imagine a Saturday in early June ?

Memorial day usually brings kayak sales, just say'n.