kyleeng

Could you name these plugs for me?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Bought these on the BST forum. I'm a little new to surf fishing, so I asked the guy if he could name them for me, but he wasn't much help. I've seen some of these around, and it seemed like a good price, so I bought them. Figured I'd just learn later.

I know:

1) Gibbs danny surface swimmer

2) Sebile magic swimmer

... but that's about it lol

plugs1.jpg

EDIT: upon further inspection, it looks like some of these plugs promised were exchanged for something else, I think??? The second picture I uploaded, it looks like there is a BM lil guys, but I do not see that in the first picture. Number 12 on the first picture has the same profile as the other unmarked lure, but the lip is clearly different, and the lure I received is missing the back hook, but is not in the first picture. From the first picture, taken by the seller, it doesn't seem like I have number 9 or 12. If this is the case, is this something I should be upset about? I wasn't really sure what I was buying from the start, but I do not know if number 9 or 12 are lures I rather have. The BM seems nice, but I do have to spend extra money on hooks now.

plugs2.jpg

you need to figure out how to post pictures here or links that actually work. Until then sorry I cant help.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, MorningWood said:

you need to figure out how to post pictures here or links that actually work. Until then sorry I cant help.

It was working when I posted it. I inserted it as an attachment, so it's not like a link was even broken. At this point, the forum is not even letting me edit my post. The 2 pictures are below

plugs1.jpg

plugs2.jpg

Edited by kyleeng

3 - Guides Secret Bunka Boy

4 - Gibbs pencil?

5 -  ? popper

6 -  ? nike (maybe Eurojett maybe Tagger)

7 - Mirrolure

8  - Atom popper ?

9 - Interesting looks like maybe a BM is the lip painted black? Need more and better pictures to be sure.

10 - Stillwater popper

11 - ? not sure

12 - need better pictures (maybe BM)?

13 - ? need better pics.

Where I say we need better pictures show the tail wrap and the underside of the plug.

If you did not get #9 or 12 from the 1st picture I would definitely complain, they look like the best 2 of the lot to me.

22 mins ago, MorningWood said:

where do you see BM lil guys? I dont see one in either picture

Maybe I'm wrong... I thought it was the bottom left second picture. If not, I'm not sure what it is. Now that I look at it, the eyes are different. The 2 non-numbered in the second picture, I could no match up any with the first picture.

Edited by kyleeng

23 mins ago, MorningWood said:

3 - Guides Secret Bunka Boy

4 - Gibbs pencil?

5 -  ? popper

6 -  ? nike (maybe Eurojett maybe Tagger)

7 - Mirrolure

8  - Atom popper ?

9 - Interesting looks like maybe a BM is the lip painted black? Need more and better pictures to be sure.

10 - Stillwater popper

11 - ? not sure

12 - need better pictures (maybe BM)?

13 - ? need better pics.

Where I say we need better pictures show the tail wrap and the underside of the plug.

If you did not get #9 or 12 from the 1st picture I would definitely complain, they look like the best 2 of the lot to me.

Thanks a lot. I'll take a better picture tonight... Number 9 or 12, I can't get a better picture unfortunately because I did not receive it. 13, I can give you a better picture.

Edited by kyleeng

2 mins ago, kyleeng said:

Maybe I'm wrong... I thought it was the bottom left second picture. If not, I'm not sure what it is. Now that I look at it, the eyes are different.

no way. It looks like that plug has screw eyes. At first glance I thought maybe Eurojett but then I looked again and it looks like its not thru wired.

Just now, kyleeng said:

Thanks a lot. I'll take a better picture tonight... Number 12, I can't get a better picture unfortunately because I did not receive it. 13, I can give you a better picture.

#12 is in the second picture also just under the from of #13 you did not received that one? I'd be pissed.

2 mins ago, MorningWood said:

#12 is in the second picture also just under the from of #13 you did not received that one? I'd be pissed.

Number 12 looks like it has a different metal lip. In the first picture, it looks like it's going straight down. In the second picture, there is a slant. Am I not seeing this correctly? There also seems to be a hook in the tail in 12 of the first picture, but the one I received has that missing.

2 mins ago, MorningWood said:

Which one is the Digger he posted was in there? Is the little Nike  signed Digger?

Maybe it's not there. I wouldn't know.  These are his words, but things are not matching up.

you need to contact him and ask him why the plugs you received were not the same plugs as those that were listed. He's been around here for a long time he should know you cant switch out stuff without talking to the buyer about it. If you fish Jersey beaches and need some more plugs post a WTB thread. I have a ton of stuff, you just have to be specific about where you fish (ocean/back bays), when you fish (day/night), What your rod is rated to throw, and how much you are looking to spend in total.

you did ok for $70 but it would have been better if he didnt switch out 9 & 12

17 mins ago, MorningWood said:

you need to contact him and ask him why the plugs you received were not the same plugs as those that were listed. He's been around here for a long time he should know you cant switch out stuff without talking to the buyer about it. If you fish Jersey beaches and need some more plugs post a WTB thread. I have a ton of stuff, you just have to be specific about where you fish (ocean/back bays), when you fish (day/night), What your rod is rated to throw, and how much you are looking to spend in total.

you did ok for $70 but it would have been better if he didnt switch out 9 & 12

I will speak to him about that. Thanks.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:33 AM, kyleeng said:

Bought these on the BST forum. I'm a little new to surf fishing, so I asked the guy if he could name them for me, but he wasn't much help. I've seen some of these around, and it seemed like a good price, so I bought them. Figured I'd just learn later.

I know:

1) Gibbs danny surface swimmer

2) Sebile magic swimmer

... but that's about it lol

plugs1.jpg

EDIT: upon further inspection, it looks like some of these plugs promised were exchanged for something else, I think??? The second picture I uploaded, it looks like there is a BM lil guys, but I do not see that in the first picture. Number 12 on the first picture has the same profile as the other unmarked lure, but the lip is clearly different, and the lure I received is missing the back hook, but is not in the first picture. From the first picture, taken by the seller, it doesn't seem like I have number 9 or 12. If this is the case, is this something I should be upset about? I wasn't really sure what I was buying from the start, but I do not know if number 9 or 12 are lures I rather have. The BM seems nice, but I do have to spend extra money on hooks now.

plugs2.jpg

#11 is a Yo-Zuri Sashimi Minnow in a 130 size from what I can see. 

UNLESS, unless the body is a flexible foam type material. In that case it's still a Yo-Zuri LiveBait minnow. They have excellent action and have caught me many stripers/blues. The lure had a diamond shaped lip which gave it a nice wiggle.

Edited by TopwaterPete