TatonkaJames

So trump paid no taxes 8 out of last 10 years

Rate this topic

183 posts in this topic

So she wasn't referencing Trump's support for Israel there? 

I don't follow here as closely as you guys do... but I looked quick and that certainly looked like the context 

40 mins ago, The Dude said:

Okay...clearly, you're not up for honest discussion. There's no way forward if you insist on dismissing the NYT because of their bestseller list. 

Sorry, that’s how it works in any industry that relies on people trusting them. Violate that trust and people won’t take your word for anything else. Waiting until someone sues you all the way to the Supreme Court before you tell the world teaching the top of your ‘best seller’ list doesn’t require actual book sales makes the company dishonest. That makes their news as suspect as their best seller list. ‘Books we have been paid to promote regardless of actual book sales’ would have been honest, ‘best seller’ list is a bold faced lie. Don’t believe liars unless they publish the proof. Not an unreasonable expectation. 

You are obviously welcome to believe anything you want...I’m sorry if I have different standards, but that doesn’t mean I’m averse to actual discussion.

TimS 

1 min ago, TimS said:

Sorry, that’s how it works in any industry that relies on people trusting them. Violate that trust and people won’t take your word for anything else. 

again,

I am waiting for Trump's base to realize this......

no amount of lying seems to weaken their willingness to believe the next one.

15 hours ago, TimS said:

Apparently following the tax laws makes you a con artist and terrible businessman :clown: 

TimS

Everyone here keeps saying he's following the law. Then, why do you support someone who is putting the country through this like

a little girl instead of being the most intelligent man he says he is and presenting the documents that show he's done nothing ? What does he fear if he's done everything according to the law while we have tons of problems in this country ?

He's playing the system alright, and lives are paying for it. 

It's all BS and everyone, including his supporters know it. 

Republicans are more likely than Democrats or independents to consider overt lying on the part of a politician morally acceptable behavior.

I agree with the article but it should have been Republicans AND Democrats, because they both equally lie. 

For the most part, the only companies that pay taxes are private.

Most companies reinvest and pay shareholder dividends before paying income taxes - it’s the company officers fiduciary responsibility to do so.

Don't forget that company employees pay taxes in lieu the corporation, as it should be.

Now, let’s not forget that all companies pay local real estate taxes, assuming they own property. 

3 mins ago, TimS said:

, but that doesn’t mean I’m averse to actual discussion.

if you are going to discount facts presented by the NYT based on the way their best seller list is formulated,

it does appear as though you are looking for an excuse to avoid the actual conversation.

Just now, TatonkaJames said:

Everyone here keeps saying he's following the law. Then, why do you support someone who is putting the country through this like

a little girl instead of being the most intelligent man he says he is and presenting the documents that show he's done nothing ? What does he fear if he's done everything according to the law while we have tons of problems in this country ?

He's playing the system alright, and lives are paying for it. 

It's all BS and everyone, including his supporters know it. 

I agree with the article but it should have been Republicans AND Democrats, because they both equally lie. 

Simple, the average Joe can’t handle the truth. 

2 mins ago, TimS said:

Sorry, that’s how it works in any industry that relies on people trusting them. Violate that trust and people won’t take your word for anything else. Waiting until someone sues you all the way to the Supreme Court before you tell the world teaching the top of your ‘best seller’ list doesn’t require actual book sales makes the company dishonest. That makes their news as suspect as their best seller list. ‘Books we have been paid to promote regardless of actual book sales’ would have been honest, ‘best seller’ list is a bold faced lie. Don’t believe liars unless they publish the proof. Not an unreasonable expectation. 

You are obviously welcome to believe anything you want...I’m sorry if I have different standards, but that doesn’t mean I’m averse to actual discussion.

TimS 

The article is accurate. The NYT is an excellent source of information and to throw their work out based on how they formulate their bestseller list (which everyone knows is proprietary and is still one of the industry's leading lists) is disingenuous at best. 

2 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

what am I wrong about?

did he or did he not dodge the draft?

he seems unwilling to fight for us,

or pay his share for the benefits he receives.

he hires illegals,

what part of his history says Patriot to you?

No dodge the draft = ran away to Canada, he got a medical deferment. 

Unwilling to fight for us= yea no free cheese for just you libs, He owns your mind, he is all you can think off.

Want a list of congress that has hired help or landscapers???? Please

DRAIN THE SWAMP! Build the wall, require ids to vote,  that is as Patriot as you can be,

but is labeled a racist.

Great time for any business man or woman to run for office on the Republican ticket!

Oh that's right the economy is way to strong for that.

So yea IMO you are wrong in so many ways...….

1 min ago, Wayne Tj said:

For the most part, the only companies that pay taxes are private.

Most companies reinvest and pay shareholder dividends before paying income taxes - it’s the company officers fiduciary responsibility to do so.

Don't forget that company employees pay taxes in lieu the corporation, as it should be.

Now, let’s not forget that all companies pay local real estate taxes, assuming they own property. 

However, Trump does almost all business through personally owned pass-through LLCs from what I understand.