TatonkaJames

So trump paid no taxes 8 out of last 10 years

Rate this topic

183 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, The Dude said:

Did you miss the part about stock holdings and statements? He'd buy a position, spread a rumor that he was trying to take over the company and sell on the rise. It's a classic pump and dump scheme. Are you denying that he did those things?

If they were published in the article, yes, I missed them. If the NYT mentioned them and didn’t publish them they can be as safely ignored as their ‘best seller’ list. Like those ‘someone familiar with the situation’ anonymous stories they are famous for. Did they publish these holdings/statements...the comments Trump made about the company (the pump) and the dates he sold those shares (the dump)? I’d like to see that info...we learned a long time ago the NYT fabricates stuff...like a best seller list that isn’t based on book sales. I’d take anything they said with a grain of salt unless they publish the proof as well. 

TimS

27 mins ago, TatonkaJames said:

You should also understand deduction. If someone says "All men are created equal," then how is it possible for any man to have slaves ? So it's worthless from the get go. The Constitution needs a lot of updating too

I’m pretty sure you can’t legally have slaves in the US...so....

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

Tim I don't think you should be discounting the NYT reporting because you don't agree with how the best seller's list is formulated.

Agreed..

So many other reasons... that one seems too obvious 

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

Tim I don't think you should be discounting the NYT reporting because you don't agree with how the best seller's list is formulated.

Really? If you find a business misrepresenting one of their most recognizable products you don’t then consider the rest of that businesses products suspect to the same fraud and dishonesty? Most people do.

2 mins ago, TimS said:

Really? If you find a business misrepresenting one of their most recognizable products you don’t then consider the rest of that businesses products suspect to the same fraud and dishonesty? Most people do.

will you hold POTUS to that standard?

FWIW I think if people (private citizens and industry types) had a problem with the way the best sellers list worked,

it would be a "bigger deal".

44 mins ago, TatonkaJames said:

Trump surely agrees with me according to his 2012 tweet;

The I meant the DOI, it's outdated. You should realizer that. You should also understand deduction. If someone says "All men are created equal," then how is it possible for any man to have slaves ? So it's worthless from the get go. The Constitution needs a lot of updating too. 

Those wealthy slave owners did then what they are still doing today, you just need to open your eyes. 

It is easy when you consider the slaves as less than human. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

22 mins ago, TimS said:

If they were published in the article, yes, I missed them. If the NYT mentioned them and didn’t publish them they can be as safely ignored as their ‘best seller’ list. Like those ‘someone familiar with the situation’ anonymous stories they are famous for. Did they publish these holdings/statements...the comments Trump made about the company (the pump) and the dates he sold those shares (the dump)? I’d like to see that info...we learned a long time ago the NYT fabricates stuff...like a best seller list that isn’t based on book sales. I’d take anything they said with a grain of salt unless they publish the proof as well. 

TimS

Okay...clearly, you're not up for honest discussion. There's no way forward if you insist on dismissing the NYT because of their bestseller list. 

He did it. The NYT piece has been extensively researched and is based on actual filings. They even give the figures for his position sizes. You basically pulling a Trump and screaming fake news because it's critical of Dear Leader.

Edited by The Dude

2 hours ago, J said:

26 USC §7213(a)(3) makes it a federal crime to willfully print or publish tax return information if it was disclosed in a manner not authorized by the Internal Revenue Code and the publication is not otherwise authorized by law.

Did the NYT receive stolen government information about a candidate in a presidential election and publish it? Wikileaks/Assange anyone? :idea: 

If the NYT does publicly release information not legally allowed , then it’s prison time not a $$ slap on the wrist fine . Plenty of room up in Orange County if not make some room by double the inmates up . 

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

I am still waiting for @TatonkaJames to admit he got the title wrong. That is factual, requires no ideology or bias, no social structure animosities, just an admission he got his facts wrong.

Pretty simple:

"last ten years" = 2008 - 2018 tax years

NYT claims = 1985 - 1994 

Right. Since that time, it's speculation. I'm gonna speculate that if he's paid taxes, he's nevertheless done things with valuations and depreciation that exceed legal tax means (in fact, that might not be speculation at all, from statements already made and stories reported).

23 mins ago, TimS said:

I’m pretty sure you can’t legally have slaves in the US...so....

Deflection. (When a person of your intelligence knows someone is right but refuses to agree with them.)

Admit it, they get away with everything you and I would go to jail for. If you have knowledge of someone who told you

they committed a murder, and you said nothing and the authorities found out, you go to jail.

This week we find that Boeing knew one year ago that they had the control problem on their planes and did nothing about it.

Similar to BP with the blow-out preventer. 

So the people who died and their families get nothing and Boeing gets more government contracts ?

BP pays a fine in the Billions ?

Keep bending over to make excuses for them. And once again, it's not out of animosity for them, I'm a God fearing man who

wants good for all good people and I'm living comfortably, just not for those who are for themselves and game the system.

Oh wait, that's what trump said in his book, he likes gaming the system !  

Being incorporated is a great shield for the sociopaths that run major corporations,

morality is unimportant,

being incorporated means profits are all that matter,

and a little death just is a fine and cost of doing business.

55 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

She's a bit of a Loon... what exactly did she gush about? 

I think she gushed about his Godliness. It made me giggle.