TatonkaJames

So trump paid no taxes 8 out of last 10 years

Rate this topic

183 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So now we know the lie and why he doesn’t want people to know he’s a terrible businessman, but a true con artist. 

Is that being a patriot ? Should we be happy we’re paying for big corps who get government welfare and pay little or no taxes ? 

*

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post commercial links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a flat tax.  huge proponent of it. 

 

Until then, I use every deduction that is legal.  Do you?  

 

There's a thingy where you can send more.  I did once, for **** and giggles.  

 

Have you?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I removed the commercial link from your post, if you want to share something you read please copy/paste the relevant portion.

 

That said, how much income tax did Amazon pay last year? Netflix? Mobile? Exxon? Those must be terrible businesses run by con artists :bucktooth:  :laugh:

 

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 55555s said:

Until then, I use every deduction that is legal.  Do you?

Apparently following the tax laws makes you a con artist and terrible businessman :clown: 

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising and more indicative of using depreciation to offset income. It’s doesnt show that he’s a con man or bad businessman but rather how screwed up our tax policy is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP clearly does not know much about the accounting of real estate transactions, projects and how loss carry-forwards work. 

 

He would probably be surprised to find out that movies that do hundreds of millions in box office can lose money on an accounting basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 55555s said:

 

Its nuanced.

Obviously :freak: 

 

It’s either legal or illegal - if it’s illegal lock him up. If it’s legal keep up the witch hunt, you’ll get him next time :bucktooth:

 

Like watching a monkey trying to hump a football :clap: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, TimS said:

Obviously :freak: 

 

It’s either legal or illegal - if it’s illegal lock him up. If it’s legal keep up the witch hunt, you’ll get him next time :bucktooth:

 

Like watching a monkey trying to hump a football :clap: 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, The Dude said:

Not surprising and more indicative of using depreciation to offset income. It’s doesnt show that he’s a con man or bad businessman but rather how screwed up our tax policy is.

There’s an article I just glanced at the mentions 60 enormous US corporations paid zero income tax in 2018. 60 of the most successful, profitable US corporations - all sorts of perfectly legal ways to offset income taxes, as you noted. 

 

A truly ‘terrible businessman’ would be one dumb enough to pay taxes THEY DID NOT OWE :read:  Patriots follow tax laws. James screams at the sky sometimes, but he means well :)

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, tomkaz said:

He would probably be surprised to find out that movies that do hundreds of millions in box office can lose money on an accounting basis.

They are unpatriotic, terrible businessmen and con men!!! :rules:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, TatonkaJames said:

So now we know the lie and why he doesn’t want people to know he’s a terrible businessman, but a true con artist. 

Is that being a patriot ? Should we be happy we’re paying for big corps who get government welfare and pay little or no taxes ? 

*

Do you take deductions? Do you pay all the taxes you’re supposed to? Because if you take deductions, as proven by the op(which is a stupid OP) you don’t! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, TimS said:

Apparently following the tax laws makes you a con artist and terrible businessman :clown: 

 

TimS

From the beginning of time here in the US the wealthy made the laws to serve themselves, not us. 

Might you’re fine with getting screwed be my guest. 

You can’t use the same laws because you don’t make millions or billions so it’s not the same. 

The country loses more from the wealthy not paying their share or any than it does from we the people. 

 

I was too too lazy to not paste the link, if people are afraid of reading the article, The NY Times has the info. 

Just like trump is doing a Nixon, because there’s crimes involved. Who defends a criminal ? Traitors, that’s who. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't this old news? Didn't the NYT find this out a couple of years ago?

But, in general, if Trump paid one dollar more than he was supposed to, fire his accountants, if he paid a dollar less, fire his accountants, and put him in jail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.