KennebecJake

Rio In-Touch Outbound Short Intermediate?

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

we love them. I fish both the OBS Tropical Intermediate and the new InTouch OBS intermediate --They are our go to lines used them both in Baja last week 

my go to line also .. other lines I fish with are Wulff TT's of various flavors .. with Rio feel its a line I could cast all day (good match for my rod) and I can chuck some decent sized flies with it

tried it and sold it. I think the SA sonic clear 30 is a much nicer line. I prefer the 30ft clear head, it casts and lands nicer and the running line behaved better on the deck in very hot temps. 

Just my opinion. 

I use it here on the SF bay where is only 2-4 on low tide. And when the tide comes in I use my setup with type 3 line. Overall I like these OBS lines ‘cause they cast very nice with fast action rods.

4 hours ago, Hirdy said:

No Oly, you just got in before me ... :D

Cheers,

Graeme

Given your credentials as an instructor I can only assume it's my inferior casting technique that made the line I lawn cast so appealing to me.  :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

39 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

Ok but I hate them the mostest. Vendetta type of dislike.

But no doubt a ton of guys love em to bits.

oly

I say this partly in jest - partly.....But lines like Rio OBS Short make intermediate casters with average technique more productive casters.  With a traditional long headed line that intermediate caster was only good to say 60 - 65 feet, with short headed overweight line they are good to quite a bit further...maybe 75 - 80 feet (and with far greater ease). 

Expert casters HATE it when after their years of practice, toil and commitment to the craft along comes a simple gear solution that makes an intermediate caster virtually overnight become that much closer to their expert realm. Especially when the expert does not necessarily receive the same performance improvement with the new line themselves, in fact this 'new' line likely detracts from their expert performance. 

Edited by Cpalms