zakmio

BOSTON HARBOR FISHING REPORT - 2019

Rate this topic

176 posts in this topic

Went out last night for the incoming, had to work for them but got a few, with the best just about 22". Surprise was i was all alone in a well known spot, guess everyone was at the canal

4 hours ago, gulino12 said:

Went out last night for the incoming, had to work for them but got a few, with the best just about 22". Surprise was i was all alone in a well known spot, guess everyone was at the canal

Good news on both situations!

I got skunked again today but had a shot at some schoolies. Action was mostly out of casting range but came close to shore twice. First time I had a bump and the second time I wasted a few minutes retying after launching a $10 pencil popper into the surf - no longer connected to my line. Sloppy knot. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nailed my first 2 keeper sized bass of the year yesterday, along with a dink. Only cost me 5 lures that got snagged..the struggles of learning a new spot :)

Edited by greenmachine96

9 hours ago, greenmachine96 said:

Nailed my first 2 keeper sized bass of the year yesterday, along with a dink. Only cost me 5 lures that got snagged..the struggles of learning a new spot :)

Nice work. Had my first keeper of my fishing career last night, and when trying to pull him up, the rod bounced, unset the hook, and he was gone. Had him 2 feet from the dock I was fishing off. Guess this is one of those moments where you say "I'm picking up golf" lmao. 

@maltc hey, it happens. If you saw it within arms reach, then it counts in my book :D shame you couldn't get the picture to document it. I'm sure there will be more in the future, though

Most productive trip of the season for me thus far with 6 fish to 28 inches in the last hr of outgoing last night. Wish I got there earlier. The fish were thick and pissed off, fought like ocean fish. 

On 5/26/2019 at 5:10 PM, IwantToCatchaFatFish said:

Guys any mackeral biting I can't afford bait need to catch a mackeral with a rooster head throw it on a bigger hook and hope a striper swallows it up

If your in a boat the Brewster's to Martin's ledge and B buoy are holding macs

20190525_061820.jpg

Fish out of Winthrop and have not had any luck with stripers of any size. Gone out a few times this season and maybe 15 times last summer with no luck using different methods such as chunk mackerel, live mackerel, trolling plugs and shads ... Not asking for anybody's chart numbers or secret spots, but is there a certain time or tide to target stripers around Boston Harbor? Tried Boston Light, Deer Island, Airport. Any harbor tips would be greatly appreciated so I don't keep getting skunked.

3 hours ago, alpha baiter said:

today trolling live mackeral 46.5" 40lb

20190602_132620.jpg

Nice fish Alpha.  40” class showed up last Wed in the Harbor... then there has been, “ but but the canal hasn’t turned on yet” or even better “ on the water says there are no bigger fish around”...