zakmio

BOSTON HARBOR FISHING REPORT - 2019

Rate this topic

224 posts in this topic

Went out last night. Way hotter than I thought it would be, way less wind and way buggier. Also way less fish hahaha. Can't believe I didn't even see a swirl with the king tides we had.

17 hours ago, alpha baiter said:

It's a baby f'ing whale!

One of the best videos ever!

its a toona! We have to report it, no we can sell it Jahy

Went out 2 nights ago...no fish in shallows and was about to call it a night when we found a wolf pack in about 12-16 feet of water...we hit fish up to 45 inches...They stayed around for hours...

31 mins ago, The Rev said:

Went out 2 nights ago...no fish in shallows and was about to call it a night when we found a wolf pack in about 12-16 feet of water...we hit fish up to 45 inches...They stayed around for hours...

I marked quite a few but banked on pogies being around for bait but they were tough to find in the chop. If I had jigged up some mackeral I think it would have been a more productive day because they were there.

2 hours ago, alpha baiter said:

I marked quite a few but banked on pogies being around for bait but they were tough to find in the chop. If I had jigged up some mackeral I think it would have been a more productive day because they were there.

no bait around...caught on soft plastic and eels, night time

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/1/2019 at 10:55 AM, The Graveyard Shift said:

I ended August with schoolies only.  Gave it my best shot hopefully September brings some better fish my way

Lots of small fish have moved in. Went out this morning jigged up some mackeral and trolled them. Caught a handful of ambitious fish almost the same size as the mackeral they ate.

Did see another baby whale jay 

20190902_082057.jpg

Edited by alpha baiter

Fished the club tourney this morning. Holy crap was the weather bad! 4-6 outside the light and whitecaps all the way into Hingham harbor. Managed a decent fish trolling a live eel inside. Don't keep many fish but this one will be enjoyed on the grill at the close of the tourney tomorrow. Got my butt kicked good out there today.

Screenshot_20190914-153947_Gallery.jpg

Edited by alpha baiter