BOSTON HARBOR FISHING REPORT - 2019

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, finefish said:

Not that it's really a secret at this point, but everyone complains about big fleets and boat traffic. Then can't help themselves and posts a report when its red hot...

The Pogie pods are all over......North and South Channel, Bobs Bass Triangle, Almost all BH islands,  Brewsters, Faun Bar, Spectacle, Inside and Outside Hull Gut, Portguese Cover, then Behind the Mystic, Behind the Airport, Over in Lynn Gas tanks, Revere Beach, Nahant Bass Point, Swampscott, Red Rock, Then Salem Harbor and goes beyond Cape Ann.......what did I miss?  Oh yeah, Worlds End, Wallaston Beach....That maybe be over 100 square miles of areas that have pogies. No secret.

Edited by The Riddler

On 7/24/2019 at 7:41 PM, The Riddler said:

The Pogie pods are all over......North and South Channel, Bobs Bass Triangle, Almost all BH islands,  Brewsters, Faun Bar, Spectacle, Inside and Outside Hull Gut, Portguese Cover, then Behind the Mystic, Behind the Airport, Over in Lynn Gas tanks, Revere Beach, Nahant Bass Point, Swampscott, Red Rock, Then Salem Harbor and goes beyond Cape Ann.......what did I miss?  Oh yeah, Worlds End, Wallaston Beach....That maybe be over 100 square miles of areas that have pogies. No secret.

you forgot some....Newburyport, Gloucester, Salisbury, Seabrook, Hampton..It is just crazy!! Hardly and bass on them

On 7/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, alpha baiter said:

One, like you said it's no secret or secret spot. Two I don't complain I just avoid weekends and move away from the fleet to a pogie school of my own like I did today (problem solved). This is a fishing forum and a thread titled Boston fishing reports. Noting it's a zoo out there is just a factual part of the report

@finefish is a master at "trolling" don't take the bait.  I wasted my time once on him and won't do it again.

1 hour ago, finefish said:

waaahhhh wahhhhhh :waah:

You respond with more useless garbage no surprises there.  I actually was sent a very interesting read.  It appears internet trolling is directly linked to personality disorders and mental illness

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists."

Just got word from sailors of tons of dead fish and stench in harbor, up by Charles River Locks.   Sounded like Pogies from the size he was describing.   Anyone know what the deal was? 

Last week harbor turned rust orange color and I could not fish my normal spots.   I wonder where that flowed in from, but was thinking the E. Boston harbor construction sites?

Curious if any toxic tide came in, not an expert.    Previous week schoolies jumping like crazy every morning up near the bridge, easy pickings once you found the right lure to temp.