zakmio

BOSTON HARBOR FISHING REPORT - 2019

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The stripers are here! Time to get the reports going. Please, be considerate in your reports, i.e., don't be so specific that you could spot burn but share enough to contribute to the spirit of "sharing is caring".  :)

Edited by zakmio

Yeah !!   Been waiting for this.  

From a beginner my observations are they are in the river mouths, outgoing tides 2-3 hours post high tide, and chasing soft rubber paddle tails, sunset/amber colors doing the trick.  Maybe I have just been lucky with these conditions, but happy to share some unexpected early catches.   :hooked:

Go get em…

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

A lot of schoolie luck for me on the Charles so far. One week ago I didn't see a single herring but last night they had the river boiling. 

37 mins ago, MoreLunkers said:

A lot of schoolie luck for me on the Charles so far. One week ago I didn't see a single herring but last night they had the river boiling

I'll be taking a stroll over the locks to Constitution Marine today about noon.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for any activity in and outside the locks.    

7 hours ago, Joe G said:

I'll be taking a stroll over the locks to Constitution Marine today about noon.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for any activity in and outside the locks.    

OK...….I'm missing the herring these other guys are seeing, as I saw no herring either in or outside the locks this PM.  

26 keeper flounder today for 4 guys fishing. Not limits yet but definitely picking up!

One of the last flounder of the day was followed up by a small striper. A sign of good things to come?

051119rog2.JPG