Early Season Rumors

Rate this topic

On 5/13/2019 at 6:22 AM, EarningStripes207 said:

three schoolies last night at sunset on a dropping high tide in an estuary. Got to the spot on the incoming and not a tap till the tide switched then it was on for half an hour. once the sun set completely and the tide dropped a few feet I called it a day. bait of choice is worms, now I just need to work out how to hook em without flying off on the second cast??

Maybe try some miracle string

Hit the same spot last night on the incoming, a few bass were feeding on top when I got there and as the tide flooded they came within casting range, wasn't able to get a hit on topwater but picked up my nicest fish of the year at right around 25 inches on a freshly dug sandworm dragged over the bottom. so far my success rate has been better than last year 

Good news, but I'm still shutout with water temps at 43 °F, which is a good 14 °F below what means "stripah" in my hood.

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

27 mins ago, Scott Charlton said:

Please tell me all of you are not having me on...Seriously?  Multiple stripers in the above 20" range before June?  Don't burn a spot, but are you in a river, a mouth, or the surf?  I was thinking about digging a bucket of clams this weekend and through them on the end of a hook.

I would. Fish in the mid 20 inch range is pretty normal for 3rd and 4th week of May from what I’ve seen year to year. Not unusual to get small keepers either. Up in the rivers and out at the mouths and surrounding beaches 

Edited by Bmackerel