Wilgabeast

Squid bite

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

Would you expound on this? :)

it take almost no skill to catch fish in canal. I say almost because when you pull up in the parking lot that is when that little bit of skill is needed! plastic swim shade swimmer, sp minnow or a pencil? whats the tide? bang!  FISH! The super skilled fishermen know all that and can ride a bike. IT'S A RIVER WITH FISH STUCK IN IT! NO SKILL! 

Edited by BrianOC

2 hours ago, NHAngler said:

The canal sounds like it will be the place to be this weekend. Squid, big bass, lots of friendly anglers practicing catch and release, camera guys documenting it all. I can't wait and I am not even going... However, everyone should attend if you can make it. Don't forget your safety glasses, a helmet, first aid kit, and an maybe some calming herbal tea to drink while trying to adjust to all of the excitement. 

calming herbal tea! :) 

12 mins ago, BrianOC said:

it take almost no skill to catch fish in canal. I say almost because when you pull up in the parking lot that is when that little bit of skill is needed! plastic swim shade swimmer, sp minnow or a pencil? whats the tide? bang!  FISH! The super skilled fishermen know all that and can ride a bike. IT'S A RIVER WITH FISH STUCK IN IT! NO SKILL! 

Well I guess you told me. :laugh:

34 mins ago, BrianOC said:

Yeah...and? I think you have known this for years..... 

I guess all that canal advice people ask for and give is unneeded. Just throw in a line and reel in a trophy. That’s called a blitz. There are some who catch in the ditch when no one else is. I’m not one of them. 

1 hour ago, beerdoh said:

I guess all that canal advice people ask for and give is unneeded. Just throw in a line and reel in a trophy. That’s called a blitz. There are some who catch in the ditch when no one else is. I’m not one of them

He's being too modest.  (Which sounds better than saying "He's lying.")

One can go onto the main forum here and see update happenings by a few in an attempt to sell rods. The bragging pictures will not make it any easier to fish and also identify where to go .   Since those postings we have seen an abundant amount of out of state plates all over the canal , which is unfortunate as face book postings also helped to get the word out . The canal has been identified as the only hot spot to catch bass and will not bode well for those are trying to fish it in solitude. 

It would have been better to have waited a few more days before these postings in my opinion and you will notice that they did not attempt to post any on the mass site I wonder why? 

13 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

One can go onto the main forum here and see update happenings by a few in an attempt to sell rods. The bragging pictures will not make it any easier to fish and also identify where to go .   Since those postings we have seen an abundant amount of out of state plates all over the canal , which is unfortunate as face book postings also helped to get the word out . The canal has been identified as the only hot spot to catch bass and will not bode well for those are trying to fish it in solitude. 

It would have been better to have waited a few more days before these postings in my opinion and you will notice that they did not attempt to post any on the mass site I wonder why? 

a jersey guy here.. not heading to the canal (don't worry) - But I have no idea why people want to blow up and let everyone know the bite is hot.  So dumb... 

Also, it's not really skilled fishing the the bass take the canal to cut through and you just pick them off.. Almost seems unfair.. Sort of when they go to spawn around here, and the party boats sit and pick them off while they go up the hudson...

I'm wondering if canal fishing when the bite is on is equivalent to trolling mojo's?

16 mins ago, Goldy said:

a jersey guy here.. not heading to the canal (don't worry) - But I have no idea why people want to blow up and let everyone know the bite is hot.  So dumb... 

Also, it's not really skilled fishing the the bass take the canal to cut through and you just pick them off.. Almost seems unfair.. Sort of when they go to spawn around here, and the party boats sit and pick them off while they go up the hudson...

I'm wondering if canal fishing when the bite is on is equivalent to trolling mojo's?

Looking forward to seeing your results from the Ditch, for you'll surely put us to shame with your pics of 40s.

11 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Looking forward to seeing your results from the Ditch, for you'll surely put us to shame with your pics of 40s.

Probably not. And no offense to the regular mass guys who fish it.  But the out of staters who race up. I just don’t get.   

I get it. Ripping current and all the stuff.   But the canal should be marked catch and release only.  

Didnt mean to offend you.  But the guys who throw up 50s around here trolling mojos are lame.   

9 mins ago, Goldy said:

Probably not. And no offense to the regular mass guys who fish it.  But the out of staters who race up. I just don’t get.   

I get it. Ripping current and all the stuff.   But the canal should be marked catch and release only.  

Didnt mean to offend you.  But the guys who throw up 50s around here trolling mojos are lame.   

Trust me when I write that I took no offense whatsoever from your post.

I was attempting to point out the fallacy in your comment #71.  Apparently it went over your head.