Wilgabeast

Squid bite

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Heard that Eric on the Bounty Hunter Slayer them the other day.

His report said 80 a person which is by no means slaying them. Guys at the ramp who fished last night had 2 100qt coolers and 6 5 gallon buckets full. I fished for 4 hours in the morning and got 50 and I did by far the best out of the boats around me. I didn't make it to colliers because of the seas so cant vouch for there but the Helen h and a few other small head boats were out there. Bunch of small squid mixed in which tells that it is the end of the run.

4 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

His report said 80 a person which is by no means slaying them. Guys at the ramp who fished last night had 2 100qt coolers and 6 5 gallon buckets full. I fished for 4 hours in the morning and got 50 and I did by far the best out of the boats around me. I didn't make it to colliers because of the seas so cant vouch for there but the Helen h and a few other small head boats were out there. Bunch of small squid mixed in which tells that it is the end of the run.

sat with the fleet for half the day, filled a bucket or two. got tired and accidentally found scup. then filled a 110 qt. looks like the end of it

3 mins ago, asian satan said:

sat with the fleet for half the day, filled a bucket or two. got tired and accidentally found scup. then filled a 110 qt. looks like the end of it

Was there a fleet at colliers? I couldnt see it from hyannis harbor. I was by the weirs

Just now, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Was there a fleet at colliers? I couldnt see it from hyannis harbor. I was by the weirs

nope. just a couple miles off the channel

12 mins ago, asian satan said:

nope. just a couple miles off the channel

I landed 10 scup on the squid jigs and dropped countless. They are tough to land without a barb

We drove down to Hyannis late last night and grabbed hotel.   Got up and weather was worse than expected.   I didn’t want to take my son out in choppy, wet, and cold conditions so we slept in and did some mini golf.    We were both disappointed but it was probably the right call.    Didn’t think about the docks.   

1 hour ago, notime said:

We drove down to Hyannis late last night and grabbed hotel.   Got up and weather was worse than expected.   I didn’t want to take my son out in choppy, wet, and cold conditions so we slept in and did some mini golf.    We were both disappointed but it was probably the right call.    Didn’t think about the docks.   

It was the right call. Wind flopped on us Saturday was supposed to be a blowout but it changed to sunday instead. 

12 hours ago, notime said:

Where did you stay if you do t mind me asking? Big enough parking lot to accommodate a 25ft boat?

Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, IamFish said:

Where did you stay if you do t mind me asking? Big enough parking lot to accommodate a 25ft boat?

Thanks.

Admiral Inn.   Ha.  I checked out lot via google satellite and so on.   Always a pain towing a boat and parking.    Yes it is big enough.   In off season.   When full may be tough.  They do have a section for buses and I think campers or trucks.    I didn’t see that particular area but if you call I’m sure they can verify and I’m guessing they can accommodate boats in summer too.    My boat is ‘17.     

Edited by notime

29 mins ago, bassturds said:

Any advice for a first time shore bound squider? Never gone squiding and would like to give it a shot!

I'll PM a place. It has been terrible this year for shore squiding. The most I heard of one getting is a couple dozen with half a dozen or less being the norm with a occasional skunk.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

I'd really like some fresh squid myself. When I was young, they were crazy easy to catch. Now not so much.

Perhaps you might look to when it is running west and try the East end you just might run into enough for a meal. Give me a cal l and I will tell you my favorite spot that if they are running you will smile with the ink spots