Wilgabeast

Squid bite

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck at some of the known marinas and harbors for squid ? Or are they only hanging out off Hyannis still ? Hoping some move into my spot around Chatham by this coming weekend !

2 hours ago, asian satan said:

was out at hyannis last night. mild success

As soon as it got dark the bite died. I filled a 100qt cooler by myself in 4 hours from 2 to 6

4 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

As soon as it got dark the bite died. I filled a 100qt cooler by myself in 4 hours from 2 to 6

were you with the colliers ledge fleet? I'm on a 2500 hydrasports walkaround. will be heading out Monday night/Tuesday morning as well

24 mins ago, asian satan said:

were you with the colliers ledge fleet? I'm on a 2500 hydrasports walkaround. will be heading out Monday night/Tuesday morning as well

Yup I hopped around the edge and in the thick of it. Same result everywhere I went

16 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Yup I hopped around the edge and in the thick of it. Same result everywhere I went

I was out from 4 to around 12. caught most on blue jigs. I'm assuming the same for you?

42 mins ago, asian satan said:

I was out from 4 to around 12. caught most on blue jigs. I'm assuming the same for you?

I used orange and pink and didn't notice a difference. I just used whatever I had on my rod when I started the day.

On 5/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I’d say that is a good day.   Going out on Sunday with my son.    Our first time.   He caught a squid two years ago while bottom fishing and is now obsessed with them.  He was 9.   We are going in same area and I’m hoping we catch at least a few.    

Just now, notime said:

I’d say that is a good day.   Going out on Sunday with my son.    Our first time.   He caught a squid two years ago while bottom fishing and is now obsessed with them.  He was 9.   We are going in same area and I’m hoping we catch at least a few.    

went out yesterday, going out tmw and Sunday. go asap

Just now, notime said:

Should still be a few around. I wish I could get out but just dont know about chancing it in my 14ft skiff. Sunday morning might be doable seas for me 

How important is tide?    We are going out in the morning cuz that is our window and we have a long ride home. Tide will be high early and going out most of the morning.  

8 hours ago, notime said:

How important is tide?    We are going out in the morning cuz that is our window and we have a long ride home. Tide will be high early and going out most of the morning.  

I have only gone once but didn't seem to notice much of a difference