Dogfisher1

Is this a good deal?

15 posts in this topic

2014/2015 Hobie Mirage Revolution 13 Kayak. Includes drive, seat, paddle , scupper cart. One season of use. $1500. I'm sick of paddling. Should I go for it?

If the hull and bottom are in decent shape, and the mirage drive isn’t beat up (especially the cables) that’s a fair price IMHO. The date can be determined by the serial # starboard side near the rudder. Look on CL to see   what they go for.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, Dogfisher1 said:

2014/2015 Hobie Mirage Revolution 13 Kayak. Includes drive, seat, paddle , scupper cart. One season of use. $1500. I'm sick of paddling. Should I go for it?

Is it a 2014 or 2015? Older seat or newer lawn chair? Either way, seems fair to me as long as everything is in good shape. But hey, if you can get it cheaper, why not?

Edited by Pma531

On 5/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, Dogfisher1 said:

2014/2015 Hobie Mirage Revolution 13 Kayak. Includes drive, seat, paddle , scupper cart.  

On 5/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, Dogfisher1 said:

Wish it was Lowrance ready but I'll survive.

My 14 was Lowrance ready.

I got a 2016 outback with 180 drive it has the new seat and it was loaded with extras for $1900.

If you go out for 5-6 hours you need the new style seat. Keep looking you will see newer ones are priced all most the same as older models.

41 mins ago, Ed M said:

I got a 2016 outback with 180 drive it has the new seat and it was loaded with extras for $1900.

If you go out for 5-6 hours you need the new style seat. Keep looking you will see newer ones are priced all most the same as older models.

Congrats on getting a kayak.

You don't need a new style seat to kayak for 5-6 hours, that's just your opinion.

Nice fish Dogfisher and congrats on the revo.  You may want to consider removing the pedal foot straps if you can do without them.  Just a qol change imo.  The straps were more of a nuisance to me since i wasnt pulling the pedals back with my legs.  It makes stopping and going less clumsy for me.  Once I was sure i wouldn't put the straps back, i sawed and sanded the pegs the straps attach too.  Those pegs would always catch my fishing line when landing fish.

15 hours ago, Dogfisher1 said:

Good tip Bantis. Here's an unexpected beast I snagged last weekend trying to find that striper bite.

IMG953783.jpg

That's outstanding, congrats.

Note...not sure the waters temps are consistent enough for the shorts.  I'm still in the dry suit till air and water temps hit 60 consistently.  That's just me thou. 

I have no doubt you were comfortable.  Just keep in mind water temps.  Sometimes we need to get a little sweaty in order to do what we love to do safely. 

There are a lot of topics covering dry suits on here as well as finding one that keeps you comfortable and safe.  Mine is breathable, keeps me from turning into a sweat hog while giving me piece of mind should I roll.  Keep catching up the nice ones.  :th: