Domer98

Tandem Mojo and Tekota 600

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Would the Tekota 600 (TEK 600) spooled with 50# braid be sufficient to troll a tandem mojo - max total weight 28 oz. I would think so but others said braid should be 65# braid.  I think 50# is appropriate. Thanks in advance.

I have seen recommended, and am planning on using, a TEK 600 in a tandem mojo set up this season in Massachusetts.  I have seen online that 50 pound braid is used by some anglers without issues but use of 65 pound predominates.  My guess is that you could use 50 pound braid without a problem (depending on its actual breaking strength) but I am moved by the person who wrote about hauling in a big striper on each of the mojos.

Depends where the strike drag is set. My friend must have it set around 18 pounds; his theory is the fish hooks it's self when it takes the lure. He claims a lighter strike setting led to allot of lost fish at the boat. 

If your reel has a good smooth drag and its set at 16 pounds you should be OK. The again with the price of these lures break off's can be costly....:eek:

Lou